How bad is the new TLP server going to suck?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

Like almost everyone else above said, anyone who thinks Mangler survives with a great population after another classic start TLP launches is sticking their heads in the sand. Also the point about everyone lying is spot on, people will swear up and down they dont want to see PoSky or Lady Neverdie ever again and then when it launches guess whos hiding over on the new server just "having fun" until they never come back to Phinny/Coirnav/Mangler. On the plus side, your bot problem will go away so the people who arent lying (yes there are some, just no where near as many as they would have you believe) can consolidate and carry on for a few more expacs. At the rate coirnav is losing people now I expect it will be down to 3 guilds by TSS, one on Euro/Aussie time, one EST and one PST. If not less. Its sad really.
  2. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

TLP's have never been about seeing them to the end. They are about the initial fun rush and then waiting around until the next TLP.

Change my mind.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Later eq has more buttons, hp locked raid mobs on the regular, and every expansion requires flagging. All acceptable gear is no drop until level 80, if you're into that.
  4. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

You just cant add features to TLP every time, eventually it just gets ridiculous.

Original TLP

[IMG]
    Newer TLP's with some cool conditions
    [IMG]

Future TLP's if they add every crazy idea the EQ Idea Players suggest

[IMG]

At some point you just gotta say enough is enough with these ideas.
    code-zero likes this.
  5. Risiko Augur

Profit margins for the three "new" development studios need to have growth in order to make their sale more valuable for their parent company. Of course there will be another TLP server... expansions... big bags... merchandise... "limited number of" life time subscriptions... etc. ;) Just kidding. They're totally not dividing up their intellectual property to sale.

Hmmm... should I start a kickstarter to raise money in hopes of buying DPG....
  6. Bard2019 Elder

You're not wrong. But I feel like it's possible to improve upon that concept though if DaykBraw Games would put just a teensy bit of effort into policing a handful of issues that always come up.
  7. Zansobar Augur

I think about everyone hopes this is the case, but I just think the owner of the IP would ask far too much money to make it worth acquiring.
  8. Angered Augur

TLP
    FV
    TRUEBOX
    NO LVLING AUTO GRANTED
    NO AA'S AUTO GRANTED
    SPELLS AUTO GRANTED MINUS QUEST/DROPS
    NO FLAGGING UNTIL GOD

WHY WOULD YOU WANT ANY OTHER SERVER THIS IS THE NEW HOT TICKET ITEM
  9. Runes Augur

I am just wondering if the fact that there has been no word from Devs on a prospect new anniversary server, if it's because they are just planning on the same Mangler 2.0 and it's going to be a flame fest so they plan on waiting like the week before to announce and launch?

Or can there be hope that they are actually putting in time and effort to release something really interesting and this is the reason for no announcement?

Unfortunately I'm in the camp that thinks it's a no new effort reboot TLP that they do not want to have a lot of advance announcement time on to avoid the flame fest threads from building up and actually have to listen and make changes.
  10. Rhek New Member

They are not behind schedule announcing a new TLP based on how they rolled it out last year.

Mangler & Selo servers were announced on Tues Feb 12th 2019. This was one day before Coirnav Planes of Power expansion was unlocked on Wed Feb 13th 2019.

Mangler & Selo servers were released about a month later on March 16th 2019.

Curently on Mangler the Planes of Power expansion will be unlocked next week Wed Feb 12th. So we might expect a possible announcement for a new TLP next week.
  11. Basak Augur

Some TLP'ers, not all, but based on what I have seen over the years it seems that a majority tend to jump over. I personally wish a TLP could last on through to live without ghosting.

I agree with everything here except for what I don't agree with.

TLP I can get behind, however I avoid FV because it is a silly rule-set, in my opinion. I do understand a lot of people enjoy the FV rule-set and I would be surprised if a TLP with that rule-set doesn't pop up.

I am against true-box and I enjoy keying and flagging so can't agree there.

Auto granted levels and AA are a silly concept until there is a lot of content available that makes leveling too tedious to get max level which to me in my opinion is around the EoF expansion.

Not sure what is meant by auto granted spells but if I assume correctly I can get behind this as it would save space in the inventory to hold spells as you level up.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

This quote sums these forums up so nicely. Well done.
  13. Runes Augur

Everyone that says they are tired of doing the grind on a new TLP server and won't do it again on a new TLP server is lying to themselves. It's like the smell of a new car, it's sweet but it's only going to last a short time.

You know you cannot miss out on those first few weeks rush where the zones are full of people leveling, excited and having a good time.

You will not escape the Hamster wheel, we won't let you!
  14. Fraggly Augur

IMO Phinny will be the only truebox to make it with players, if it even does.

A standard server could survive 70+ while Phinny runs its course. When everyone ghosts during GoD+ the 2-3 boxers can unite. It's time. PLZ BRO, PLZ. Don't tell me to go on RF/LJ either, I believe those will suffer the same fate as Fippy with the "beat the expansion" requirement.