How about today?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by topple, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Thewiz Augur

HOLY CRAPBALLS!!
    Whoops and dreamweaver like this.
  2. ughwhy New Member

Okay, can we try again tomorrow with a better announcement instead?
    Zinth, Bobbybick, Sythrak20 and 6 others like this.
  3. topple good idea generator

lol i wish today wasn't the day....

whoever green lit these servers is amazing...

this company hates money apparently
    Seripedus likes this.
  4. Vicus Augur

Pre-announcement was way better...the pop-lock out of left field crushed us. We felt like we were winning the Superbowl with the two servers only to have the enemy team pull off a miracle kick return with the band on the field already..
    Whoops and Sythrak20 like this.
  5. Vaneksniper Elder

Im shocked ...we waited all this time for this day, was supposed to be a celebration but instead was just a huge kick in the nuts. 2020 keeps on getting worse!
  6. topple good idea generator

I DO find it funny that the group running this game are so 100% convinced they know people don’t want FV.

Then they come out with this bonkers rule-set.

I wonder if anyone there will be self-aware enough to genuinely consider that maybe they are wrong about some of their positions… : /

They did go back and change Mangler and Selo rulesets. Let’s hope they are open to changes.
    Sythrak20 likes this.
  7. Whoops Augur

I hope so, too. Tomorrow, perhaps?!
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Today is the day - for bitter disappointment

The thing SoE/DBG/DPG has been infamous for over two decades has made a triumphant & vengeful return.
    enclee likes this.
  9. Sythrak20 Elder

If we don't hear anything within the next two weeks we're likely doomed. Here's hoping the lock is lifted.
  10. Fraggly Augur

I am not understanding why the Aradune players are upset, can anyone please clue me in? Seriously. Many truebox servers turn in to ghost towns post PoP, or as soon as any other TLP comes out or is even hinted at. I recall posts of people Krono'ing out of Mangler and just waiting. Aradune will be popular until it locks and then....

There will just be a new server. What is the disappointment for the truebox reroll crowd that never goes to GoD anyways? This sounds perfect for a massive amount of players(?).
  11. birisu Elder

Only took them a few days to reverse the decision on mangler's exp rates. Can probably pack it up for the year if we don't hear anything by friday
  12. Creedmonk Augur

This is worse than COVID-19... someone get us a stimulus package for relief here...
    Zinth likes this.
  13. Thewiz Augur

DPG, you done messed up. Fix it.
  14. Vicus Augur

This server was already done once (Twice if you count the Mac version). No one has been asking for it since. You say many are ghost towns and your wrong. Ragefire, Fippy (went to VoA), Phinny, Selos, Corinav (it's in PoR and people are raiding still), and Mangler is packed with PoP complete. The only ghost town is Fippy now....maybe lockjaw (they still have 5 raiding guilds)..and Miragul (the newest server because it was stupid to make it truebox).

Aradune needed to lock at DoDH or OoW at worst. Not PoP.
    Fraggly likes this.
  15. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Can we roll back today like Mangler and try for a different result?
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Vicus Augur

Quick crash the forums in hopes they rollback this experience. First time I wouldnt mind losing experience.
    Foaming likes this.
  17. Hendar Augur

I feel like the trombone player who got flattened.
  18. Protagonist Tank

Can we have a new thread, asking if today is the day you replace this announcement with a good one?
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Xeris Augur

I don't get why you think Agnarr is dead... My guild literally had 150 people online on Sunday. The population of the server has doubled recently; there's probably several hundred active players, and 3 raiding guilds actively raiding 2-3 days/week with full raids. My guild has had to start split raiding potime and ldons because we have too many people these days.

I agree though that, ANOTHER POP lock makes no sense... It would be cool if they start releasing specific era locked servers and allow transfers upward over time. This way, players can play in the era they love forever, you'll never fall behind, and if at some point you think "OK I've been doing potime for 3 years, maybe i wanna experience OOW now," then you'll be able to make the switch and your char won't be super OP. It's honestly the most sensible solution.
  20. Zinth Augur

"the population has doubled recently"

and you completely didn't notice the FREE TO PLAY ON TLP SERVERS they just ran "recently"? Why do you think those ppl came? How many do you think stay when it costs? And for how long?