How about a nice "New" Race Class Combo?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by northstar, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Reht The Dude abides...

Yes! Iksar wizard just so people lose their minds...
  2. snailish Augur

Races without cloth models seem to eliminate cloth classes being added there (I wish they could just make cloth armor show as leather on these races... they all have leather models).

Last I checked, Froglok monk and Wood Elf Beastlord could only start in Crescent Reach. That's not my preference, but if it is the "easy way" to add more combos so be it. All trainers are already there...

Some combos make easy sense in existing lore: Iksar Berserkers and rogues, Erudite Wiz, Mage & Chanter of Cazic Thule, Half Elf of EVERY class humans and elves can be, with a wide deity range, Vah Shir Druid and Ranger, the Epicurean (spelling) halfling in Misty Thicket looks an awful lot like a beetlelord...

Other Combos you have the models, but not necessarily current storyline to support:

Dwarf, Barbarian, Vah Shir Shadowknights. Iksar Rangers, Druids, Paladins, Clerics. Wood elf shaman. High Elves turn bad... and so on.

I still prefer new things added to correct home cities with full trainers. Not necessarily new faction/guilds... in most cases you could add on. Iksar Berserker could go with warrior guild, Iksar Cleric with Shaman and so on.

More deity choices and/or starter city options would be nice too... why not be able to start as most races in Freeport for example?

I'm leaning towards Fanra's notion that this isn't easily done however, as I think we would have seen more of this already if it were.
  3. Lisard Silly

my opinion!
    Iksar: Berserker, Ranger, Rogue, Druid, Cleric, Wizard
    Human: all classes
    Vah Shir: Monk, Ranger, Druid, Enchanter, cleric
    Ogre: n/a simple me smash
    Troll: n/a simple me smash
    Halfling: bard, Beastlord
    Wood Elf: Enchanter, paladin, Cleric, shaman
    Dark Elf: Bard, i would like to say ranger but i understand why they wont do it.
    High Elf: Druid, Bard
    Gnome: Berserker
    Dwarf: Enchanter, Ranger, Shadowknight
    Guktan: Beastlord, Ranger, Enchanter, Bard
    Barbarian: Cleric, Paladin, ShadowKnight
    Half Elf: Cleric, monk, magician, enchanter
    Erudite: monk, Bard
    Drakkin: all classes
  4. northstar Augur

Gnome Berserker = Mind Blown!
    I can understand the larger races not being able to have Cloth Robes cause a Ogre doesn't wear robes it would be more of a Muumuu...
    however there does seem to be a lot of more options then what are currently available, I would even go as far to say if DB allowed an event "Once" a year to unlock specific choices that would be amazing!!
  5. Sakuraba Augur

Feel like I am the only person who desperately wants to see an Ogre Bard.