How about a cap on playtime untill they get this worked out?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by superman, May 21, 2015.

1. superman Augur

This is horse**** 2000 lottery winners get to play and screw everyone else? not even a response about it? they should limit playtime to 3 hours per 24 until they get this crap worked out. if that's not possible (i'm not a computer guy) then they need to instance more zones. anything other than this crap. there has to be a solution, but it seems devs are playing right now and saying screw everyone else?
    Reyed likes this.
  2. Bluebandit New Member

3. Kellaer Augur

i'm so mad
  4. Freki Augur

for one it's not the matter of instancing more zones. if they move the population cap then the zones will instance if needed. if not they won't. it is something called loading. say for now there are 2000 people allowed on server at any one time and it's fine, increasing it to 3000 might overload the system and crash. they have to be VERY careful about how many that they have on otherwise no one would get to play. so here is some quick numbers. each instanced zone has a cap of 100 people in it. i was seeing and hearing of ALL newbie zones at about 5-10 instances. that's 12 times 500 (assuming the lowest number. that's 6000 people! and that is JUST the instanced zones... not the ones that aren't. oh and i am not accounting for the multiple newbie zones, like nro and commonlands. so give it a rest, if you can't get in, go watch a tv show, a movie, play on another server, check back every so often... it took me 1 hour 18 minutes to log in at the begining. it will be tough over a holiday weekend, i hope they can coax the system to allow more.

TL;DR: there is many many more than 2000 getting in, it takes time. relax it's not the end of the world!