housing update

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EQYurien, May 28, 2024.

1. EQYurien New Member

isn't it time that the gnomes and dorfs came up with some new blueprints for us? i love the variety in eq2 and would love something similar here.
    Andarriel likes this.
  2. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Sadly, never going to happen. Sadly, housing is the lowest of the development priority since it is viewed as a niche gameplay that isn't as popular on EQ as it is on EQ2 and there is too much of the EQ playerbase that is adamantly anti-housing.

I, too, would love to see even just a little bit of development for EQ housing beyond the less than a dozen items added each year via expansion CE+ bundles and heritage crates that don't have an adventure primary use (i.e. weapon slot items and/or ornaments for weapon slot items, mounts, and familiars). However, there are some really great appearances on some of the weapon slot items, especially ranged items, they're just a PITA to find in any search to know they even exist.

There are only a small number of forum posters who are pro-housing and I think most of us get resigned to the knowledge there will never be an improvement (not even just a recolouring of the current plat and crafted furniture to expand the number of them). I posed a question about it in the AMA earlier this year and got a definite "No, not ever" response. :(
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Riou EQResource

They made a new house during the ToL expansion, but never released it
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

no one does housing, so the devs don't think its worth the time/resources to make more.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They need to make a marketplace and tie it in with housing!
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, the devs have no interest in updating EQ housing or offering anything new but that does not mean no one "does it"

You may want to get out and explore a little more, seems like your in a bubble. ;) While it's not something you like or want but you are not the only player in eq. Go to the neighborhood gate and just look at all the houses listed and the neighborhoods.

And look at what the community did for Armourcarr and how many houses he had.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/memorial-to-armourcarr.294122/

Plenty of players do it. That is why they sold so many Bixie houses, The Wayward Lady and Hermit's huts when they offered them in the collectors bundles.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

Oh, I don't think its that "the devs have no interest in updating EQ", its that they have limited time and budget. There are only so many of them and they can only do so much. They can spend that time making a new tlp that thousands will play, or a new house that 7 people will use.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I have only cared about housing four times. When it first came out, when the tsunami of 2011 hit Japan, when I figured out how to use it for storage, and when traveler achievements were a thing.

I do appreciate the time and money some of you have put into making it interesting. I think you are a minority though.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

We're probably a bigger minority than those demanding new PvP servers, but a lot more polite and quietly resigned to this being as it is. We even respond to others requesting it with the sad information it's less likely than a PvP TLP while also trying to point to what little we do have that might have been missed. We sadly accept we're a minority and reviled almost as much as those advocating for a PvP TLP.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Maybe something for a remastered EQ where they have better tools and resources to make it worth while.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

That could be what's Next.
  12. Galvanize Elder

Housing? You mean the completely empty building I have to maintain to keep my 8 trophies in?
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Hekaton Augur

oh man that would be a pretty good anniversary tower item or the monthly item. im tired of robo mounts
    Rijacki, Thunderkiks and Nennius like this.
  14. Conq Augur

Trophies can be placed on your plot directly, no housing necessary. Matter of fact, one of the rare houses (can't look at my plot atm) will even make your plot free upkeep. Forever.
    Conq
    Silvena, Raccoo and Rijacki like this.
  15. Quicksand Journeyman

All of the special houses, Bixie, Wayward Lady, Hermit Hideway will make plot and house rent free.

He could pay up many years on that plot with bags of chronobine from the loyalty merchant so its pretty much free but he is prob using one of the houses that do charge pure plat like the hut one from the quest.
    Raccoo and Rijacki like this.
  16. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

If it weren't such a nightmare trying to navigate the neighborhoods, I would have spent more time there in the past. The ONLY game that had engaging housing, in my opinion, was Star Wars Galaxies, and even that became problematic after a time, with buildings and other structures cluttering up the landscape, paired with the end of daily server restarts that would clear up temporary nest spawns, lag became just horrible. Plus there was an artificial cap on how many player cities could exist on a planet, and the stoppage of structure decay to accommodate Coalition troops deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, eventually meant that it became almost impossible to place structures of any type, on any planet.
  17. EQYurien New Member

wow i wasn't expecting this much input....

i'm not even asking for anything complicated like new designs. just make the interiors bigger so we can display the furniture. change a 20x 30 into a 40x 60 or whatever the numbers are. i can't imagine that is a difficult change to make but the only thing i can program is a vcr (google it you whippersnappers) :p

also, side question. the furniture i get from achievements, i can buy them from the housing merchants after its unlocked right? don't want to see a one off if i can avoid it
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

NPC Halius has them. But most overlook him cause you can't see any on them until you do each expansion

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=45408
  19. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

If you get a character flag with the house item reward, that likely means you are flagged to be able to purchase more of that item if you want. For example, the collection quests for Rain of Fear, Call of the Forsaken, and The Darkened Sea. I have screenshots of all of them: https://rijacki-game.blogspot.com/2022/07/Collection-HouseItems.html

And if you're on FV, I often have most of those items on sale in the bazaar on Natubu, a froglok of the Marr-ket Coalition. My pricing is not intended to make me rich but to make items available for those who want to decorate without getting all the collections.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Reminds me of the old Ultima Online days. Think they eventually did away with house decay but when it was active folks watched houses close to decay time so they could put their own place there.