housing placeable items limit.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by douxreve, Aug 23, 2023.

1. douxreve Elder

I have a house on Antonius Bayle server. Its a bixie house, which has a 900 placeable items limit. I have reached this limit, but i would like to continue to decorate the in door of my house. Nothing to do with vault, but only placeable items. I would like to know if it exist a way to exceed this liI have a house on Antonius Bayle server. Its a bixie house, which has a 900 placeable items limit. I have reached this limit, but i would like to continue to decorate the in door of my house. Nothing to do with vault, but only placeable items. I would like to know if it exist a way to exceed this limit? If so i would like to place more items in my house.
    Thank you for an answer,

Douxreve
    keiferoni likes this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

I do not believe there is anything you can do to add to the placeable number for a house/plot combination. I think the bonus crates you can get from RoF and RoS just allow more items to be stored, but nothing to do with placement.

The only thing you could do would be to do what you are trying to do in a neighborhood guild hall ... but obviously that's different from the bixie house.
    keiferoni likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, you cannot add more. And what your getting now includes the plot.

Not sure how your getting 900 total.

The Bixie Hive holds 600 TOTAL items and out of that 300 can be "any" items. All the special houses hold this amount except for Hermit's Hideaway with only 400/300. Regular houses hold up to 500 total.

Plots will allow an additional 90 to 120 items to be placed depending on which you have.

So at the most we can have 600 (house) plus 120 (plot) for 720 between both.

We have been asking for increased sizes for years and also the ability to own more than 3 plots by one character.
    [IMG]
    keiferoni likes this.
  4. douxreve Elder

I verfied, i have 900 placed items in my house.
  5. Kompacte_of_Test Journeyman

I would like to visit to see this. Not saying you are wrong. But I have over 150 plots developed on Test, including a bixie hive, and my experience aligns with CatsPaws.

If you would reply with your address I'd love to drop by. Always looking for inspiration!
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

You can have three houses start a new house if your board.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can have 3 PLOTS and as many houses as you want, but only one per plot.

So if he is really bored he could make a bunch of alts and 3 plots per alt and whoever has the most loyalty points can buy the houses.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Revolio New Member

Hows about letting more than one character throw down trophies in a single house? If I have a bunch of co-owners across different accounts, shouldn't they be able to place their trophies in a house they co-own and still receive benefits? How are the EQ developers so unaware of the realistic benefits of multi-family dwellings??
  9. Vlad Diszno Augur

Nothing I know of in EQ1 that will increase the capacity of any house. (Well, other than devs)
    I believe they have some kind of expanders in EQ2, would be cool if something like that could be implemented in 1.

Earlier this year, I noticed the capacity of bixie hive and the wayward lady were increased to 900, but not the evantil tree, nor the hermit's hideaway- unless that has changed, as I haven't checked again since.

I've been slowly adding some details to some of my bixie hives that were all maxed at 600/600. I wonder how those houses would have differed if the original capacity was 900. I'll never know, but I am working on something now that I'll likely have to reign in at 900. Think I got too many ideas I want to squeeze into it. I'm wanting to get it done for Halloween which should be doable, just around 600 more items to place.

To the OP;
    Granted, the bixie hive is huge and could swallow a huge number of placed items, but it is now much better than it used to be just around a half year ago, when could only hold 600.

Funny thing is, within spitting distance of each other, they upped the capacity after they made the hive available as part of an expansion item set in Marketplace for a short time. I don't recall any fan faire about it either. Seems they put the cart before the horse on this one. Upping the capacity and then offering it in Marketplace would have been the more logical order in order to sell more-along with some fan faire about upping the capacity.

Be darned nice if they'd rotate in the 'vaulted' housing (and other) items a bit more regularly than every few years (if ever), and for such a short time. I don't see how that will sell more of those items; having to sync up the short window of item availability w/ players wanting those items (If they even know what items are vaulted to have an idea they'd even want such item. It's been so long that I cannot even recall a lot of the items that were vaulted {out of sight, out of mind}. Plus, the player needs to realize that the item is temporarily available again and be willing to spend at that time. Not to mention that folks might not be playing at all times of the year, so may miss that window.).
    I feel that the attempt to increase the value of these items by making them less available would have a hard time overcoming the other obstacles, but what do I know- I'm just a red-headed step child.
  10. keiferoni New Member

~Better still, how about trophies earned being valid for all alts on that server. I rarely have done the same meta progression on any alt on the same account ever, as they were often a massive undertaking.. Plus it would save resources from people only making houses to store trophies on every character?
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Considering Vlad is the King of Housing I will have to concede to his findings.

I did double check when OP posted this and mine had not changed. But I will double check and verify when the game is back up and send in corrections to websites if no one else has done that yet.
  12. Angahran Augur

Would love to be able to buy a "Tradeskiller's Warehouse" with something like 2000 storage slots and just a few placeable slots for things like the crafting stations, ice cream churn, etc.

Having multiple houses bursting at the seams but with hundreds of unused placeable slots is sad :(

Or at least let us buy additional storage crates we can place on our plots.