Housing and Item Graphics

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Forcallen, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Forcallen Augur

Why are you guys changing stuff like 10 years or more after that fact? I don't care to explain how much time and effort I wasted farming some of these items for a unique graphic that now are poofing or changing randomly.

I had 28 items randomly moved to itemoverflow.
    I had multiple ornaments that no longer work despite being perma fused to an item.
    I had some items graphics change entirely, wand with some effect is now a torch or what was an obsidian blade is now a water sword graphic.
    I can no longer use certain ornaments because new restrictions prevent me from placing an ornament into an item my class or archtype can't use. (Like placing a H2H ornament in a H2H weapon and then placing it in my house. Now I just get the message this combine will create a no trade item you can not use. And it then blocks me from doing it unless I redo everything on an alt now.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Need to be more specific. What items. What time frame.

Things break. Things can be fixed. Unusual changes are typically not intended. Provide the data and they can look into it. There are too many items in game for them to go through and check everything.
  3. Forcallen Augur

I am not listing the 50 or so items this impacted. My house was as it was pretty much for 8 years until a few recent patches. I fully expect the items I placed to remain looking as they do and be there when I check in a week, month or year from now. I don't expect item graphics to suddenly change willy nilly or ornaments to stop working.

There were multiple bug threads on ornaments breaking in many cases.

28 random items ended up in itemoverflow. I assume this means somehow they were deleted and saved.

There is a new rule that you can't ornament a weapon type your class can't use. As a caster I had tons of swords and h2h items ornamented and placed, then some of the ornaments stopped working. Now I can no longer re-ornament and replace them myself as the new rule prohibits me and I have to work around it all with alts.
    Thundersnake likes this.