Hotel internet and character select.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Loratex, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

So I’m staying at a hotel for the week(or next 4).I can log into eq all the way to character select.
    Any character in any server. Then the game just stops. Takes about 10-15 minutes for me to be able to close the client in any fashion(even task manager)

If I load up mobile hotspot it works just fine. However I can’t use that as a viable source for a long period of time to connect.
    So my question is what are the hotel IT people missing. They usually get my MAC address and add me to the permissions list. Sometimes it works. Other timers it doesn’t.

I can play Eso and d3.
    Ive tried to delete some characters ini files.

Any one run into this? What exactly should I be telling their IT to be doing. Cause clearly calling them isn’t enough.
  2. Dedloch New Member

So I'm having this exact same problem, as of yesterday. I'm in a hotel for work purposes the next few days, thinking okay if I have to be away from family at least I can get some grind on. I was playing last night, clicked on the POK book to go back to POK and it just froze. Huh. I manage to get client shut down, restart to log back in and same thing right after character select. I hit enter world and it just freezes, client unresponsive. It matters not what character I try and log in on, same thing. I've deleted character .ini files .. tried repairing installation, resetting to defaults, nothing works.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sounds like firewalls.
    Dre. likes this.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

You'll need to unblock all UDP ports. Hotel IT would to do this on the firewall.

Good luck convincing them to do it, could be against their policy to do so.