HoT Faction for RII spells?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Necromonious, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Necromonious Augur

As someone who'd never been above level 50, level 89 is the first time I am required to grind faction for spells. I imagine it's going to be something I'm just gonna have to start getting used to. The annoying part is that you can't just kill mobs for it, takes repetitive questing...

So since HoT CY is pretty much permacamped, is there any other turn ins that involve level 85+ combat but aren't overly tedious? The HoT CY trashmob turn ins are perfect, any others that are like that? Since that one is camped like crazy...
  2. Crystilla Augur

I can't answer the 'where do you camp part' (someone will have a good answer for you there) other than the grounds kill tasks were pretty easy and the .

It's a small point but more true to say as of 1 year ago, level 89 is the first time faction is required for rank 2 spells. (However until March 2012, that was not true and there were several expansions requiring faction for rank 2 spells.). It would have been something you would have experienced from level 71+ roughly when they created rank spells.

Faction order goes: apprehensive (where you start with her) ... indifferent (all you need to buy your 89-90 spells) ... amiable ... kindly ... warmly ... ally.

You need to earn a total of 100 faction to buy your spells. Each mercenary kill task you do is with 5 faction. Each non-kill partisan task is worth 10 faction. Each group mission is worth 20 faction. And if you complete all tasks and missions for a specific zone you get a one-time award of a Trophy (placeable, gives a tribute option) and 25 faction.
    • Therefore, it can take as short or as long as you want depending which tasks you choose to do.

Most likely when they unlock House of Thule progression zones, the faction part may be unlifted for spells/vendors as well (not sure though).
  3. Trajet D'Or Augur

Ming likes this.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

5. Noobieguy Augur

Can do any of the tasks in the HoT zones as well as the group missions that allow you to progress to the next tier.

I did the Feerrott tasks a bunch of times for the dreamotes as well as the EXP at the time. The ones in lower house aren't too bad either, especially if you have a friend to help you, or an alt/box.. Some might be hard if you have to solo / "molo" them depending on your class/AA count. Other than the Feerrott tasks, when HoT was current, I did a bunch of the group flagging missions to get to the next tier which also gives faction.