Hot Buttons Not Saving/Loading

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Vox9000, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Vox9000 New Member

Hi. About a few days ago, I noticed my hotbars weren't saving/loading correctly. I re-installed, using the default UI, and still it's not working.

This is on Windows 10, most recent patch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. phattoni Augur

try running with admin, should fix the problem, i had something similar and running admin worked, my ui wasnt saving at all, and running admin gave the game permissions to actually write to its own folder, not sure why it didnt have them to begin with.
  3. Raytan Augur

I don't have or use windows 10. I have had similar problems in the past, and it finally took deleting the eqclient.ini. I don't recommend this, you basically lose all your saved hotkeys, autojoins, etc. If Phattoni's recommended fix takes care of it, definitely the way to go, works your great. If you think it's an "ini" file, be it a character or the eqclient, you will have to start over with a lot of saved stuff, but they sometimes get corrupted You can test this by copying, or renaming, before deleting. If getting rid of it fixes it, you know the problem was the "ini" file. If that doesn't fix the problem, you can restore it and troubleshoot from there.

Good luck and hoping it's an easy fix.