Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Vdidar Augur

Then why say a fix is in place they are waiting on the team to return early next week to push it?
  2. Toriann Journeyman

Those who are complaining about the suspensions clearly don't understand WHY they are now coming down on the exploits. If we do a comparison of two HAs that I would say are the most played, maybe a light bulb will flip on.

The Gribble mission in DH. You could beat that down pretty quick (20-30 mins), get decent xp, group loot and shinies, you might even be able to get a named if you are lucky. That is all! Now, if you look at Fell Foliage. That HA can be blasted apart in 2-3 minutes top. There isn't really much xp unless you are killing all the other crap mobs in the zone. You get loot. In that loot you get a VP key, which is going to be necessary to be able to request the raid for VP, or even just go into the zone to grind.

The reason they are doing suspensions, based on my own opinion, is that they didn't want people using the exploit to get those VP pieces to get through the expansion so quickly. Remember, we get 1 expansion a year, so they are trying to throttle people from blowing past all the content and then that they don't have anything to do until the next expansion. Stop comparing previous instances that this exploit was "okay" and actually pay attention to the reward. IMO, the reward in the chest is the very reason for the suspensions. It really is common sense.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I agree mostly but also feel like the guaranteed rk2 spell drop played a part, too, both in wiping something players have to timesink off the list, and for people who were probably profiteering off them for plat/krono.

50 spells worth ~1-2m each depending on the server would almost be worth a few week suspension. Few weeks off and come back to your account(s) paid for for quite awhile.
    Atratus and Toriann like this.
  4. feeltheburn Augur

IMO.....like any other company....DBG wants to get paid not give stuff away that will pay for subs as Sheex touched on. Also like Tori implied, the two instance are INFINITELY different to compare, one heftily cutting in to the time to acquire access to a newly constructed zone for the expansion.

In short, imo, if you combine the thoughts of Toriann and Sheex here, you have a wonderful summation of why the suspension hammer is coming down.
    Toriann likes this.
  5. Jetslam Augur

The Hunter achievement isn't the only thing you get from a named. You also get.... loot from that named.

Killing that named and looting is essentially the same thing as looting the chest from the OT mission. Granted the gribbles loot isn't relevant in today's game, the same can be done for any other RoS HA.
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Still would be nice is an employee of DayBreak would actually say what was wrong. I.E., yes people exploited the group cactus into the raid dz, or whatever in whatever.

Then again we as tax paying adults could always use Integrity.... you know doing the right thing even if noone knows you could be doing the wrong thing.

OMGWTFLOLZZ

what was I thinking, moat of y’all are just salty because you got caught and now try to justify it by comparing apples to rotten oranges...
  7. Toriann Journeyman

The loot from Gribble didn't open up a high end zone, the OT mission loot gives you a piece of the VP key, which opens up more content.
  8. skabe Elder

I'd be curious to see breakdown of numbers .. not names ... of how many from X guild on Y server got banned and for how long.
    During Beta there was this huge debate and controversy over access to content and how it was being designed to favor the "elite" and hinder the rest.
    I'll bet you a krono the "elite" were hit hardest with the bans. Kind of makes that favoritism a myth in my books.
  9. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Ohhh, I wonder how many people are going to try anything and everything to find a way thru the grey areas on these missions in the next couple days. Then come back and try to rub noses in it and say see, I could do this, was it wrong!?
  10. Unconscionable New Member

First of all, one is an HA, and one is a hero mission. Do you not know the difference? Why didn't they program it so that the chest spawns with lock out/currency when you kill the cactus? Oh, because they don't even know their own game. And it is known there isn't enough content. The reason they dropped the hammer is to cover up how absolutely pathetic that coding was and blame it on the players that know how the mechanics have worked over the last 3+ years. Nice communication on their front though, NOT. Is Putin running DBG? I wonder sometimes...
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Last night I had dinner with my wife at a Mexican restaurant. The bill came to $28.08. The hostess accidentally rang it up as $20.08. I could have exploited her mistake, but I didn't. I tipped on the correct amount and then had her ring up another $8.00 to put on my card.
    Igniz likes this.
  12. feeltheburn Augur

SOO what your saying then is their poor coding should have made it ok then.....
  13. Toriann Journeyman

Yes, I am aware of the difference and no need for you to be condescending. People have continually ran with the comparison of Gribble and Fell Foliage, so I ran with it too. Either way, it doesn't matter if it is an HA or Mission or whatever. People were flipping the Fell Foliage mission to get the loot and VP key quickly, instead of doing it honestly, with the lockout timer. Yes, my husband and I got our VP access 4 days later than we would have liked, but we also were only doing the missions 1 time a day and only playing in the evenings.
  14. Pyment New Member

Responding to various posts...

All it should take is a task step that says "Open the chest to receive your reward", and gives both loot and lockout. Don't a lot of tasks already have this wording and setup, or am I crazy?

People are being punished for what the POTENTIAL player reward was, not what players actually gained. I'll repeat what I said earlier, vp keys were the only reason a lot of people flipped this. They finished keying a day or two earlier than normal. On the other hand, someone looting the gear for alts probably did gear up a few weeks faster than normal, yet both were punished the same. A dedicated group could've camped 4-5 named in the static zone and gotten similar results, since they could target their own gear needs instead of relying on a large RNG reward.

If this is suddenly a suspend-able offense, then so is hunting named in any instanced zone. It doesn't take much effort to move a group or two of players to a zone, pop an instance, snipe the named, and move to the next zone. I've seen countless people take advantage of this since the concept of load balanced zones came out. It doesn't require killing a single mob and has zero risk if you have a tracker inside your group. I've never heard of DBG suspending people for camping mobs in multiple picks either, effectively doubling the rate at which they gain their targeted loot. These are both well known "exploits?" that DBG has full knowledge of. The only apparent difference is how bad the mistake makes them look.
  15. Unconscionable New Member

No, but i'm sure that would fit your narrative. What I'm saying is this poor excuse for a gaming company shipped out a product that was obviously faulty, and blamed the customer. Do you understand now? Nice job with H1Z1 as well, letting pubg take your market like that. Awesome coding dudes!
  16. feeltheburn Augur

very into talking to people like your better then them I see. What I understand is that you did something, poor coding or not, is exploiting the feature, and yes there have been many that have not been punished in the past, and now your bitter. Not backing DBG's play either here, but to say there has been others like this in the past and poor coding doesn't make it what it is either. Picking and choosing what they will or will not punish based on priors is poor form, but still don't mean what was done is any better or blaming the customer for acting on it.
  17. Axxius Augur

There are no Heroic Adventures in the current expansion. And even if there were, dropping the task after the rare/ph and collectables spawned, without looting the chest, was fine with the devs back when they were first implemented. See the other thread, I don't want to post in 2 places at once.
  18. Axxius Augur

YES. DON'T DO IT AGAIN FOR SIX HOURS.
  19. Axxius Augur

It's a bug that happens sometimes in this mission. It's been reported already.
  20. Intenso Augur

We didn't get the currency so petition since exploit to redo apparently ?