Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. feeltheburn Augur

if loot is the end game in the mission, and surely it is because the xp isnt there if you dont finish it, the task and lockout timer come once the chest is opened, and dont even have to worry about hailing anyone. Tho that scenario posted is a good one.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This.
    So any ruckus made here or elsewhere over this isn't likely to yield results, even if the odd case were indeed a false positive.

Since in the case of suspensions/bans players have, according to their "rule", prove their innocence (a strange thing that reversal there, for any in a western state) - and since we do not know the exact accusation in the first place - we are on the short end of the lever from the very beginning anyways.
    Not unlike the so-called "trials" in turkey or similar states...
    But at least, all that is lost is some playing time, so imo - as i said above - the best course of action is to sit it out and learn from it.
    In extreme cases, cancel the sub and vote with your money.
    I would think the community as a whole might become a bit smaller then perhaps, but a lot "better" as a whole, so that wouldn't be the worst outcome in my eyes.
  3. Intenso Augur

killed all npc in gororwyn mission open chest no exp or lock out and task didnt update

• Kill the five leaders: Dekloaz, Virnax, Wirn, Ioulin, and Ri`zyr 0/1 zone chardok
    that isnt right is it?
  4. Huna Journeyman

Not surprised, sounds like you musty have cheated because no honest player would finish and not get a lockout from Daybroke. Suspension must be pending right?
  5. Tamaden Elder

Dear Devs, over the years i dropped millions of instances for my Hunter Kills and Collectables. And don't see any other way of doing Hunters that are inside Instances and WILL do it again if they inside 100% sure of it. Could you please ban me now so i don't waist my time on horrible designed game that puts me in to a corner to do so called exploits, because i do not see any difference in dropping instances when you got what you needed here or what i have done million times.
  6. Nightops Augur

Congrats, you've just won the award for biggest whiner of 2018 in the first week of the year.

No other way to do hunters when a named is inside the instance? really... REALLY?

Why not ask for them to remove HA's altogether? I mean really, why should they have instances;if instances were the place people exploited? that would force them to put all named & collections in a regular zone; who cares about variety. With that kind of thinking, why not roll back all of the gained XP from gribbles from the past 4 years because clearly, XP was was never ment to be 'this good' when even a group of 3 alts can pop all 3 chests within a 30min LoTD. It would force everyone into the same zone so you can get groups better (or at least fill a group to 3 people and pop 3 mercs). While we are at it, stop making -pick zones- because that allows people to flip to different zone instances and kill named for hunter or to camp something that was already being camped legitimately.

***That last paragraph was written in a sarcastic tone for those who couldn't tell.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Except they've said that's fine to do, you're choosing between the xp and a chance at the named. This is the loot and the lockout timer. Completely different things. Missions and HA's are different things.
  8. Newb Tank Not so Newb

How exactly do you get the brown thumb achievement?
  9. Tamaden Elder

Nightops the funnyman.
    1. I did not asked them to change anything.
    2. Please do not comment on things you have not ever complete like Hunters.(full expansion) Counter assumption FTW, but mine is 99% right one.
    3. I despise DH HA, aka Gribble runs and have not done them in 3-4 years.
    4. I do not use LotD
    Reason for this post is to show you that you don't really know me, why assume things? Post was to Devs as i am not sure what they think of next to succor punch their players with.
  10. Lily Augur

The seed should also be "No Zone' like the shield in End of Empire. That way guilds can't summon a group mob in a raid zone.
  11. Gialana Augur

Why would they ban you? You haven't exploited anything. In the latest round of suspensions, people gained a reward that's behind a lockout without getting the lockout. That's the exploit. In HAs, there is no lockout for picking up a collectible or spawning a named or its placeholder. Therefore, dropping the task is not exploiting a bug.
    Newb Tank likes this.
  12. Gialana Augur

Not without the second part of the emergency patch. In your scenario, people would just drop mission before the hail. If you need to be in the shared task to advance the step 4 you've listed, then people would cycle through alts to eat the lockout timer while the mains looted the chests (without the second part of the patch).

If we only got the second part of the patch without the first, then people would still be able to cycle alts through the mission to each the lockout. On FV, they'd be able to have the alt loot the items and pass them out. On other live servers, the alts would be able to pass out the spells, but not the other items.
  13. Sancus Augur

The only HAs that give the majority of XP at the end are those in CotF. TDS, TBM, and EoK HAs all give you the majority of XP from mob kills, meaning you aren't really choosing between XP and a chance at the named.

I mean technically there is a little XP and currency at the end that you aren't getting, but the same is actually true for missions (you don't get currency, the tiny XP reward, or task completion).

Certainly you do get chest loot with missions, which is probably the main issue. But in HAs you get a chance at named loot, and in either instance (outside of CotF HAs) you get the majority of the reward for the task without a lockout timer.

I can see how one can be of much greater severity than the other, given you get spell runes and VP keys in a much shorter period of time. However, at least my common sense says that if one is wrong, the other is probably wrong too. Unless it's as simple as "it's okay for HAs but not for missions"... but without developer clarification that doesn't seem obvious.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

True... they need to change the other HA's to work the same way - or clarify that ALL HA's can be dropped to avoid more of this happening in the future.
    Koryu and Sancus like this.
  15. Gialana Augur

I had similar thinking on the issue when I was only considering the reward. I consider the big reward in the CotF HAs to be the experience at the end and the big reward for repeating missions to be the chest loot. So while I thought flipping CotF HAs to complete hunter and collection achievements was okay since I would be giving up the experience, I was wondering if flipping TDS or EoK HAs (TBM have chests) would be bad since I could still get the majority of the experience.

Then I thought about what DBG is calling the exploit. It is achieving a reward that is behind a lockout timer without receiving the lockout. In the case of flipping HAs for collectibles and hunter achievements, those don't trigger lockouts, so we aren't bypassing a game mechanic for that reward by flipping the HA.

And for the record, although I think bypassing the lockout timer in missions and still getting the reward is clearly an exploit, I don't agree with mass lengthy suspensions. If it were up to me, I would have removed the items attained through the exploit, though that may be a more challenging option to implement.
  16. Sancus Augur

This seems reasonable. I think the question then becomes if that's actually how they decided who to suspend.

I think the most relevant counter example is people flipping the mission for both Green Thumb and Brown Thumb achievements, which you can't get on the same mission run. To my knowledge you don't need to open the chest to get those; they're awarded when the boss is killed (which doesn't give a lockout).

Now, it's very hard to tell as a player if people were suspended for doing that. I'm not naive; I know the vast vast majority of people suspended likely were dropping the mission to get extra loot. However, what Daybreak actually had a problem with is relevant and doesn't seem clear. I've seen people claim all they did was flip the mission for the achievement credit, but obviously I can't verify that.

Roxxly's post didn't specifically mention anything about loot. She did say it required you to bypass the lockout multiple times, but in theory one could've done that helping multiple guildies get the achievements or whatever.

To be perfectly clear, this is a very specific hypothetical scenario, I'm not suggesting that there are scores of innocent people suspended. My broader point is that we don't know specifically what they looked for, and as such, while we can as a player base guess at reasonable policies (e.g. what you suggested), we don't really know if Daybreak does or does not actually use those policies.
    Gialana likes this.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I don't think we're going to get an answer to this, until the Forum Rage dies down. People are posting thread after thread, soon the whole front page will be a wall of Rage threads. Justified or not, the staff aren't likely to find the actual questions being asked. :(
  18. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

OMGLOLZZZZ

Servers are coming down, this is the end!!!
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

This thread will never die as long as it continues to be remembered, and cherished by salty, child-like, tantrum powered exploiters and fans of Forum-Quest drama alike!

*sings that Remember Me song from Coco* (legit flick, btw!)
  20. Zaviere Augur

Update on my REAL problem: I have heat again! ...or well, I HAD heat, for about three hours last night until we lost power altogether. Power got restored early this morning, just in time for me to head out and spend a few hours shoveling 1-3ft snow drifts all around the driveway and deck. At least I had a warm house to come in to.

All in all, I'm in a better mood than I was last night, and am going back to enjoying this thread (among others). Thanks, Forum Questers!