Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Rorietoo New Member

Is this ban on exploiting heroic missions going back 3 yrs it's been around? I didn't think it was an exploit because you didn't get the achievement if it wasn't completed. Rude.
  2. Cleaver Augur

The real question is why are they cherry picking this mission ? People have been doing this to missions since HOT maybe longer. So why now ? Looks like selective enforcement to me. You let people do it to other missions without penalty for years and without warning you suspend people doing it to ROS missions. Why don't you care they were doing the same thing in EOK ? TBM ? TDS ? COTF ? etc
    Drogba, Spellfire and kizant like this.
  3. svann Augur

It may have been in game for years, but it was always an exploit. The difference this time is that it was an exploit that impacted the game enough to force them to shut off the mission griefing the rest of the server.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  4. Aene New Member

Three expansions worth of this issue that was reported multiple times and you choose to suspend now and only for the most recent issue? Does that mean I get my $$ back for the last three years of the game being broken? Three weeks is a seriously harsh penalty for something you allowed in and then left in the game for that long.
  5. Rorietoo New Member

And update the suspension information, nowhere does it say up to 21 days of paying EQ for nothing because one is suspended.
  6. niente Developer

You will still be able to invite people outside the event to loot things after it's dead (if the dz/mission allows it). The idea is you have to be in the dz/mission at the same time as you are looting a chest - not drop the mission, open the chest, loot it and repeat.
    Risiko, Axxius, Eaiana and 2 others like this.
  7. Betenoire Elder

This cannot get quoted enough. I'm not suspended, but the premise of this is s**t minus.
  8. Cleaver Augur

You guys should really rethink about suspending people for this. They exploited it we get that but its a bug thats been reported for years and never fixed. Suspending people without warning for doing something thousands of others have been doing for years is wrong. Why did they get away with it and now others get a 21 day suspension.
    kizant and Rorietoo like this.
  9. valiantSeven Elder

[IMG]
  10. Sindaiann Augur

3. Legal values as legal principles
    Three of the main legal values of a legal system are order, justice and freedom.
    The order represents the social peace between the members of human society,
    guaranteed by norms of behavior imposed by what known as law. Thus, the order
    could be identified also with the notion of rule of law, since in a given society the order
    will prevail as long as the law will be enforced, because by enforcing the law, people
    behave according to generalized standard manners, and in addition the enforcement
    of law guarantees to people also justice and better preserves their freedom that
    would be threaten by the irresponsibility of people who disobey the law.

I can sit here and argue there was no notion of rule of law on this subject/what it pertains to and thus people acted accordingly because for 3 years DBG has ignored the bug reports on these issues from TBM onward.

So from a player perspective by not addressing said issues they effectively told the player base that it was OK.

They then changed their minds??????????
  11. kizant Augur

If you don't mind. Could you remember this fix and make sure it's applied in the future? Since it's more than likely going to resurface time and time again. And people probably won't be suspended for it either. I know it's hard to be consistent but it would be nice.
  12. Hellfyres Lorekeeper

I would be shocked if they do. They didn't manage to fix the initial issue for 3 years+
    kizant likes this.
  13. clohie1234 New Member

Can you imagine if they actually took the time to hunt down everyone who has done this (I know, probably not even possible at this point) in the past 3 years, and suspended everyone? 50% of the people probably quit already, and the other half would make EQ like a ghost town lol
  14. Trikkii New Member

Daybreak should run their script on "End of Empire" and "The Summoning of Droga" and suspend the other half of their players. Solid business model for future growth of the company. A perma ban would have been better for pushing me over to Pantheon.
  15. WAFLOL Journeyman

January 4, 2018
    - You will no longer be able to loot items in a dynamic zone if you have left the shared task or been removed from the DZ.

They could have just left it at that!!!! But to go and suspend half the servers population over a well known, well used game mechanic..I'm calling that a mechanic on the basis that you don't finish the mission, you don't get credit for it, no coins, no AA's, no achievements. You basically just farmed it for spells or gear. Which is not really an exploit in my eyes. Keep in mind this has been going on for YEARS and utilized by the majority of the servers. A warning would have sufficed..I'm not even sure many of the people thought or knew this was an exploit..

2+ week suspensions RIGHT AFTER an expansion drop!! All because you can't properly beta test...Rush it all for the $$ right? Lose money right here! I suspect a mass exodus.
  16. Feznik Elder

You all need to stop whining, and learn to speak with your dollars$$

Oh wait, this is us EQ players we are talking about. We never learn and gladly give Daybreak our money. Shame on all of us, but lets keep funding them because we don't know any better:p
  17. kizant Augur

You can't cancel if you can't login. That's part of the problem.
  18. Elricvonclief Augur

While I can understand using the mount/illusion thing to get through an old world locked door, why do this?

I prefer earning things, otherwise I'd play a first person game with codes....:eek:
    Igniz likes this.
  19. Igniz Augur

Why this mission in particular? Probably because cycling a mission and do the first 4-6 Steps and check for named, then dropping the task without any reward is slightly different from destroying a mission in 5 minutes (zoning times included), grab the loot and do it again, 12 times an hour? Or using group level difficulty (5 minutes, zoning times included) to grab raidloot?

Second exploit was probably not done in Raids, but in groups also, so with 54 people, in a couple minutes, you could grab 9 raidchests, each containing quite an amount of items. Groups built correctly, you could equip a sizeable amount of toons with quite a lot of gear in a very limited amount of time.

Why didnt they act earlier despite knowing it?

A "Meh, players are acting stoopid again and cycling missions"
    B "Are they gaining something with it?"
    A "Marginally, a few collectibles and they got the named"
    B "Lol, let them - not worth the manhours"

Why now?

A "Meh, players are acting stoopid again and avoid lockouts"
    B "Are they gaining something with it?"
    A "A couple raid spell runes and raid drops, same with group spell runes and VP key parts"
    B "Well ... they overdid it this time. Let's warn them in a manner they understand"
  20. Bigstomp Augur

I'm looking forward to doing the mission tomorrow with my non-exploiting friends.
    Yinla, Axxius, Niskin and 5 others like this.