Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Bahdah Augur

damn reta@#*&^$ if they considered this an exploit whens its been around 3 years or so, and now you chose to do something... why specifically OT mission.. Im pretty sure thats half of EQ right there that was suspended
  2. Kolani Augur

So the exploit was exactly what I suggested it was back on page 1 or 2.
  3. Slippry Augur

If your forums account stays logged in (pinned tab in ff), you can keep posting while being banned in-game.

If your forums account is banned, that doesn't work, obv.
  4. Hissteria Lorekeeper

Ban players for Daybreak's -up.. I smell chargebacks coming.... Dipshits....
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If you never want to play that account again, sure.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  6. Bahdah Augur

RIP
  7. Zunnoab Augur

Sigh.

This is such a stupid way of dealing with this. I told people not to do it, and naturally didn't get hit myself, but this is not how you retain players. Way too many people got caught up in this nonsense.

Also, I really, really hope this doesn't mess with people swapping in mid raid events. The game is way, way too strict with healing and such these days and way too many people have to play non-primary characters out of necessity. Taking the ability of their mains away to get loot when they give up their primary character to help the raid force would be monumentally horrible, however that is additive so I'm hoping that's not affected since all characters involved already get lockouts in that case. The game also (usually) properly only gives enough credit, so it's not exploitable.

I can't defend the people that did this, but I do think the response is dramatically out of proportion.
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

From what i'm given to understand, this patch is separate from the larger, more comprehensive January patch that will address a wide variety of issues.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

People getting as much as 21 days for this. *21 days* is a monumental suspension.

Very interesting, gonna get more so as the players start trying to login or getting those emails.
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You are in the top guild. Try not to make your guild look any more stupid than you absolutely have to.
  11. Bahdah Augur

Noted, whoever you are...
    yepmetoo likes this.
  12. WhatWiz New Member

A bit heavy handed to suspend folks for doing something that's been a thing for the past 3 expansions. How about you go ahead and suspend people that farmed EoK missions over and over for augs doing the exact same thing? Your game is already dying, I guess you're just trying to nail the coffin shut at this point.
    Ctronedor likes this.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Just someone who played the game for some time. If I can figure this stuff out you should probably be right on top of it. Act like it.
  14. Zunnoab Augur

While it lacked tact, he's right in my opinion. (Bahdah that is.)
  15. Bahdah Augur

Thank you, wise one
  16. Zunnoab Augur

It's really hard trying to convince people to keep playing. It's a terrible way to handle a developer oversight, to put that much harsh of a punishment on the players.

People shouldn't have done it, but it's just really, monumentally not a good way to deal with it.
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

No problem. I will be here all day just sucking at Queen if you need other pearls of wisdom.
  18. Bahdah Augur

Villette made us t-shirts[IMG]
    Jondalar and Trollzoll like this.
  19. Lemmings New Member

I think people know that doing a task and dropping at the end to avoid a lockout is dodgy.

However, with how named are hidden in missions with random spawn chances (read low RNG chances for many people), and how little experience/coins/ability to vendor buy the best augments and gear happen in these missions, coupled with the fact that this "exploit" has been in the game for years now I think the wave of suspensions is an overly harsh punishment.

I think 21 days is extremely stiff. I would be more okay with a week ban for the worst offenders, and then a 3 day ban and a warning would be sufficient for the rest. With such a long ban, we will likely see many people who don't come back, who likely didn't even consider it an exploit of any kind since it was such a common occurrence in various situations in the past. I think this will really hurt many guilds out there and effectively put many of them on hold, possibly never to be revived again. I think 21 days will really hurt their bottom line.

Glad I focused on leveling instead of gearing up alts on expansion release.
  20. Sindaiann Augur

I'll start by saying this. Never did it and never got hit

HOWEVER

I reported these things back in TBM
    Reported them in Eok

Never knew it was possible in RoS til they removed the NPC.

The part I have a huge issue with is the lack of competence this company shows. You used your player base to test things, then when we report stuff to you, information gets cherry picked in terms of what is important.

Heard a rumor people were able to use the group click in a raid dz and face the group mob and get raid loot. Well if you did that you *probably* deserved to be suspended

HOWEVER

If you listened to your player base the last 3 friggin years, DBG would of fixed this issue and it would of never been able to be done in RoS.

Honestly can say that I wouldn't blame a soul who decided to quit after 3 years of flipping missions for named and collections and exercising the same function in the group OT mission, only to get banned after DBG removed the NPC and went afk for over a week.

At some point people have to chose whether or not to continue to support this train wreck.
    Thrillho, Ssdar, Xeladom and 2 others like this.