Hortulanus Cryolex in Overthere

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Drogba Augur

If you are defining exploits as 'cheats', then like 1/5? of the worlds gaming speedrun world records are cheated, and should be invalid.

The code is the law.
  2. Cicelee Augur

This thread is starting to turn into Bill Clinton and the meaning of "is"...
  3. feeltheburn Augur

what this thread is ...is the gift that keeps on giving....
  4. kizant Augur

The analogies are terrible. This is a video game that you pay for and we're only talking PvE content. Nobody is losing anything or being hurt when some player exploits a bug. Unless you're duping items and effecting the economy or preventing other people from doing something it's really nothing to make a big deal about. Finding bugs in EQ is half the fun of the playing the game.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  5. Allayna Augur

6. Bahdah Augur

GD where did the NPC go? Can anyone explain why they removed it? )
    Lily likes this.
  7. Slippry Augur

No one knows, maybe we should start a thread to figure that out.
    Lily likes this.
  8. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

9. Millianna Augur

It’s not an exploit, period. It’s bad design and implementation that was a known issue prior to launch. DBG choose to push it live, so they should take full responsibility for it.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  10. Khat_Nip Meow

It is an exploit, period.
  11. Rolaque Ancient

The solution will be most interesting to see when it arrives in a few days. In the mean time, it just doesn't matter.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

I see both sides of this. Since they were told about it and still pushed it live, then I at least don't feel it's a punishable exploit. I'll say that much.
    -R
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  13. svann Augur

I heard he was wandering around Norrath trying to figure out where burnt woods is.
  14. svann Augur

I dont think this was reported in beta if that is what you are saying. In fact, they havent even said what the exploit is. People are guessing.
    Thrillho likes this.
  15. Monkman Augur

Pretty sure it was mentioned around page 3 or so... had to do with being able to request multiple scions from the quest giver once inside... then upon killing the cactus.. planting another.. rinse and repeat... never tried it so can't guarantee that's what it was but from an exploit standpoint that seems like something they would remove the mob for...can anyone verify?
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

It has something to do with being able to get either the flag and/or the chest loots without getting the lockout by dropping it. The "Horn of Unity" mission had that going for a long time. One guy could stay and loot his horn so long as the others dropped the mission and gated out before he did. Only the chest opener / looter got the lockout.
    -R
  17. Maedhros High King

How do you explain the request NPC's for so many other missions being still up then? You could do exactly the same thing on nearly every mission in the game for the last 3 expansions. Atrebes Vault group mission in EOK being an exception.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  18. Slippry Augur

Once the NPC comes back, we'll have to see which exploits still work to figure out which one was the problem.
    Ratbo Peep and Maedhros like this.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Honestly, expecting the devs to cancel Christmas plans and fix something for one group task and one raid is expecting too much. It affects everyone equally (including me...).
  20. clohie1234 New Member

I laugh when i read people calling it an exploit. Was there a CVE issued for this zero day?

What were people doing that were breaking logic in the code? Dropping a task, and the chest still spawning isn't breaking anything, that may as well be considered a feature in the game at this point, it's been around for years, and it's intended to spawn when the NPC died. Just because people were smart enough to drop the task and re-do it, doesn't mean they exploited anything. Look up an exploit and figure out what that means.

Cheating might be the word to use, but to be honest, they didn't do anything but drop a task? That's not an exploit, no code was abused or changed. Nothing was injected into any process, no priv esc ... nothing was used at all, dropping a task doesn't qualify it as an exploit.

Here, let me go look up on exploit-db and find the proof of concept code for this task.........
    Hiladdar likes this.