honestly, what is the deal with this stupid game and infinite loop of changing passwords?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by everforums, Jul 11, 2018.

1. everforums New Member

are you intentionally trying to get me to leave your game? You're doing a great job of it if you are. To have to get on a 2nd account so I can even post on the forums...this is ridiculous EQ. Why are you bothering me with this? I don't want to change my password. Leave me alone. And stop asking me to change my password right after I just did.
    xxGriff likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Have you filed a petition on the 2nd account? That will be the most direct way to get the assistance you need.
  3. niente Developer

I have this problem too.. here is my recommendation -
    Don't follow the forum prompted "You need to reset your password" link.
    Instead go to the direct "I forgot my password" link when you log in: Forgot Password
    Once you've changed your password there, it should let you log in.

Also, if you're logging into a second account, using a different browser for the other account should help (or you can do something like incognito mode for the other account).
  4. Xanadas Augur

Hire a web developer (me) to fix things like this. :)

I'll also finish out your eqplayers project that never saw the light of day.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

SO. MUCH. THIS.

EQPlayers….I miss thee. :(
  6. xxGriff Augur

I followed the suggested method and cannot log in, still getting "Invalid Credentials" argument. Honestly, this is frustrating and, between this and constant capcha's becoming annoying. I had to create another account for my wife and submit a ticket. just what we wanted to do on her day off... wait for CS.
  7. xxGriff Augur

While I sincerely thank you for your post, none of your suggestions worked. reset PW x3 and still unable to log in to my wife's account (cannot attempt further). I pay to access this service and while downtime for maintenance and updates is one thing to be expected, this... this is unacceptable. using my wife's laptop I can log into any of our kids accounts and play, but after 3 "so called" password resets on her account she still receives "invalid credentials". i spent the 1st part of my day upgrading my home network with a spiffy new router and now this. Our days off finally sync so we are both home and ready to game, and .... NO. :mad:

I can connect on her system with ALL other accounts, and I have tried to log in her account on our other computers (there is no issues with inet/network or computer issues). there is a def issue with DB login, and I would like it addressed soon.
  8. xxGriff Augur

So I still cannot log in and DB says;
    as if there never was an issue with login server, and I am too dumb to log in? a YouTube video to watch? Really? and oh yeah, We want to go home now, so "sorry, try again tomorrow..."
  9. everforums New Member

I think the worst about this is, you have a reset password loop, and on top of it a capcha program that is broken. I swear there was 1 time I went through 25 different captcha screens before it accepted me as a human and not a bot. Their captcha program sucks .