Holy Aggro batman

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zarcal, Feb 15, 2017.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

This makes sense, dam has increased so much...
  2. moogs Augur

Shouldn't be that bad when I'm using only 1 DoT...a low aggro magic one, not the high aggro fire dot. Before the change, I would cast 3 DoTs on incoming and the mob wouldn't even glance in my direction.
  3. kizant Augur

Welp these new dots do a lot more damage. Things change.
  4. Vanlaven Elder

Those dots are doing far more dmg than all 3 of your dots were previously. 1 dot probably does 2-3x what all 3 did before. Some dots saw dmg increases in the 6-8x range. I dont think some people realize just how much more dmg they do. You are not getting more agro per dmg. If u dont want the agro, dont do the dmg.
  5. Repthor Augur

imagin that merc tanks aggro isent as strong as real tanks aggro . shocker
  6. fransisco Augur

A single dot does more agro than all nukes for the rest of the fight combined. Yet the nukes do way more damage.

Agro with dots is not balanced
  7. Vrinda Augur

Perhaps I'm being naive, but I doubt they'll make any adjustments to dot aggro until Aristo completes the changes to necro and SK dots. To individually tweak every existing dot or dot line for the aggro it generates is impractical; to globally adjust dot aggro would be tantamount to giving necros a "Get Out of Jail Free" card in the interim.
  8. Millianna Augur

And making it so DoTs are completely unreliable was a great idea too. And who cares if necros get a bone tossed to them - there numbers these days are small.
  9. kizant Augur

The whole thing seems crazy to me but I don't play a shaman. I just know I've seen very high parses from people who still manage to contribute an OK amount to healing. Not sure if the answer is to make things even easier.
  10. fransisco Augur

deagro effects don't work on dots. For example on my enchanter, I can cast glamorous visage on myself (a buff that reduces all agro I produce). It has zero effect on dot agro.
    Only special things like silent casting do anything to do agro.

You can test this yourself, dots don't follow all the same agro rules as nukes.
    Kunon likes this.
  11. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

fade however, works just fine for DoTS.... I suggest some of ya'll that haven't had to manage agro before start learning... and I suggest all your shamans get the FD ring from sky =).
  12. Vrinda Augur

Fade, as any necro knows well, works just fine till the next DoT tick. If you're doing 240k dps from DoTs, a number I believe I read in the Test forum regarding shammy DoTs after their revamp, it will take you exactly one tick after fade to be tanking. (That's assuming, of course, your fade worked instead of being one of the 10% failures.)

There's a reason necros sometimes have to stay down after a successful feign rather than standing to reapply DoTs. Dead necros do no dps - and neither do dead shamans.
  13. fransisco Augur

Fade is great if you can FD (until the next dot tick). Otherwise, fade once (wait on cool down for 5-10 minutes) meanwhile the rest of the fight is happening...
  14. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

240k is a bit high, unless all you're doing is DoTing. 150kish sustained is about the highest I've gotten on most raid events with all the other duties a shaman has... heck if a shaman's doing his primary jobs (adps and healing) then they'll only have maybe 2 or 3 spell slots open and if your tanks are doing their jobs you probably wont' be tanking much with the DPS you can generate with 3 spell gems. the occasional fade, invest in the FD ring, it's all good for me so far.

side note: necros don't stand because they can't take a hit =).
  15. Belexes ForumQuester

And you want others to care about your issues?
  16. seber Augur

why ever one Act like argo on dots some thing new neco been deal it for 17yrs omg lol.
  17. GoldenFrog Augur

Argo on dot new 4 Sham. Necro haz FD 4 deal for 17yrs omg lolzcopter!
    Tatanka likes this.