Holly quote.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Symbius, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grishkalur Journeyman

Apparently randomly locking threads with negativity towards DBG is now common practice. Is there a forum guideline for banning people for noticing patterns in which threads get locked and when? If so, please link it.
  2. Greymere Augur

The Devs are not infallible, they can misspeak and they can be wrong, just like anyone else. If you feel this attitude is wrong then explain why in a mature way, and if you still don't get what is your entertainment dollars value with your money after that speak with your wallet, and exit comment feedback. Its not a mystery people do this all the time with every other service related business out there. And Daybreak is in the business of providing a service, make no mistake about that.

For my own part I have been happy with the responses to feedback thus far and am prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt for awhile, even if I do disagree with some of their positions.
  3. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

And rekais has proven he will pay for a product he doesn't enjoy. You can go ahead and ignore him DBG.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

Holly is out of touch with the fact that in EQ's open world, victory goes to the guild with the most players most of the time. It's hardly strategy when the only strategy is "recruit as many as you can to secure the wins".

If people win via batphones at 3AM, whatever, don't care, too bad for the people that weren't scouting at 3AM.

But if everyone actually grabs their poop socks and "competes", it will end up in DPS races nearly 100% of the time. A person can be medicated to stay awake 24/7 and play 24/7, but if they don't recruit an overwhelming number of raiders to outnumber the enemy guild, guess what? They don't win the mob. If "contention" boils down to one thing, recruiting more players, and the rest of the game, the actual mechanics of the raid mobs, etc, don't matter, (I am factoring going all mages out for now, pending what they do with the patch), why don't we just award victory to the guild with the largest recruiting class, give them their trophy , and then instance so everyone can actually play the game?
    Elkay and Jadefox like this.
  5. Ceffener Augur

Because it took more than 2 days to level.

The boss requires the same amount of skill to kill. Only people with the skill to kill said boss will ever kill it.
  6. chanlinslacks New Member

Oh wow so 99% of the server is casuals since they don't park mage army bots at boss spawns and are available to raid 3am or 9am or some other off-peak time when everyone is sleeping or working ~
    Elkay and Owndar like this.
  7. rekais910 Augur

To be perfectly honest with you. I believe that this article is going to hit the Devs and DBG with quite a bit of negative PR. It might even further the amount of people who are losing hope that the Devs will do something to solve the issue involved with raiding. In that case many will quit. I'm hoping that this article's bad PR gives enough of an uproar that it forces DBG to actually bring about modern responses to old content. One can hope.
    Elkay and Grishkalur like this.
  8. BestReleaseNA Augur

EQ isnt like other games though. Skill alone is not enough. You have to have the requisite amount of time available as well.
    MBear likes this.
  9. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

i dont think the spirit of what she's saying is wrong, as even in modern times, there will be people who never see the end of an expansion due to whatever reason. Im really interested in seeing the changes to the raid targets next month to see how much of it actually becomes strategy as opposed to walls of mage pets.
  10. BestReleaseNA Augur

TL hasnt used a wall of mage pets for a single kill since the first one. So nothing will change for us.
  11. Ceffener Augur

Having several minutes free 24/7 a day is not "putting in more time". Than anyone else.

It's a game design that causes unhealthy addictions and was abolished for a reason.

Being available to log on has nothing to do with being the best of the best.
    Agrippa and Elkay like this.
  12. Kergan New Member

Again, it sounds like your issue is with how challenging the content is and not who has access to it? Holly's comment was basically that casual players shouldn't have the same access to the best loot in the game. This is a design philosophy shared by literally every other MMORPG. That's why I don't understand the outrage.

Honestly, I'd rather have them crank the difficulty of the top raid tier to 11 and instance it. You'd actually have less loot entering the world, add a sense of achievement to killing targets, remove the incentive of mass recruiting and get rid of the raid target camping/DPS race nonsense all at the same time.
    Rhiyannon and rekais910 like this.
  13. rekais910 Augur

I want the content to be difficult after the patch as well. Instancing after that would actually require players to work for their kills. A majority of the player base that is pro instancing is also pro increased difficulty.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  14. BestReleaseNA Augur

There are lots of games that agree with you. Original EQ is not one of them. You want to fundamentally change the game for convenience.
    MBear likes this.
  15. Dark_Intentions Augur

Other MMOs instance their content. I'm not suggesting EQ should, but at least have PNP rules instead. But they don't even have that, so the end result is a total mess at the top.
    Elkay and Rhiyannon like this.
  16. Steampunk Augur

Everything she said (or they said that she said) is classic Everquest. Always has been. And I am one of the filthiest, casual-est players you will ever find.
    MBear likes this.
  17. vardune Augur

Wow, i think she isnt a moron and she has a better handle of the population then you do.
  18. Ceffener Augur

Most game developers don't say "casuals shouldn't get to kill x". They say "we provide a diverse raiding environment that allows our entire player base to experience all content. While doing so we provide rewards based on the difficulty of the raid"
    Agrippa and Elkay like this.
  19. Finchy Augur

the amount of carebears today is just sick. All you people do is and complain about regardless if it is intended or not. This game EVERQUEST was not built to cater to people who are not hardcore gamers that's why in 04 when WOW was released this game lost a large chunk of player base, and why so many little kids played that game. This game is HARD to play and it's pathetic how many people want given to them these days. Get over yourselves and stop freaking out about a comment someone made. Yes way back when casuals were not meant to be able to defeat dragons and large raid mobs, it was only meant for the best of the best. It's pretty damn obvious she was speaking of such a time, and it was their goal to try to repeat how it was way back when.

My god you people complain and whine more than my 5 year old...
  20. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Not even remotely true. I experienced several open raids as a casual player in my infancy EQ classic days. This concept that dragons were permakilled 24/7 during classic by only end raiders is the biggest load that people spin in this topic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.