Hiring Mercenaries Error

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by WARDUKE, Mar 21, 2013.

1. WARDUKE New Member

Hi,

I have a level 6 Warrior that I just started playing on Fippy Darkpaw.

To complete The Revolt of Gloomingdeep quest, I have to talk to Elegist and I get the "Mercenaries for Hire" quest. As a part of that quest, I have to hire a mercenary from Elegist. When I try to right click on him to do so, I get a message that states "You do not meet the requirements to purchase any mercenaries."

I am not going to be able to complete The Revolt of Gloomingdeep quest, and get past the basic starter quest string if I can't complete this. I have submitted a support ticket, but have not heard back.

Any ideas on what requirements I need to meet to proceed?

Thanks.
  2. Yther Augur

Fippy along with Vulak are Time-locked Progression servers, which are only upto DoD (10th) expansion, way before mercs were introduced in Seeds of Destruction (15th) expansion. So mercenaries won't be available on those servers until they're upto the 15th expansion.

Yther Ore.
  3. WARDUKE New Member

Thanks for the info Yther. Does that mean that the Revolt of Gloomingdeep quest is not something that can be finished on the Time-locked Progression servers?

If that is the case, should I just go ahead and leave the mines and start adventuring elsewhere?
  4. Yther Augur

Yes, can't finish it, unless you want to stay there for another year or so until mercenaries open up. So, yea, leave and adventure elsewhere if you're done there.

Yther Ore.
  5. JMorgana New Member

There are plenty of other quests to be completed at that level and above in Gloomingdeep. Just skip the one quest.