/hide mount, /hide familiar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mesc, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Renja New Member

If you turn off the luclin character models and revert to the originals, mounts don't show. I believe they were tied to a specific set of luclin models too, humans or wood elves maybe? I can't remember that far back.

Not sure if this still applies though
  2. Smak Augur

can you use a mount without luclin models? i think not
  3. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

But you can turn enough models off so you don't have to see every single other mount on everyone else.
    Renja likes this.
  4. Modef Lorekeeper

Alt F1......click leave....pet she go/ buff she stay
  5. Elricvonclief Augur

Hehe, not my pet. I"m referring to the swarms of pets seen on raids. I WISH there was a command like that for other folks pets/famaliars.
  6. Vouivre Augur

Ahh Tarrin I never realized you were on my server.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

add /hide illusion /hide mercenary to that as well.
  8. Tarrin Augur

More like YOU are on MY server. j/k <3

I would like /hide illusion. /hide mercenary would only be out of group mercs I am assuming, and even then I don't know how doable that one would be. ( even if I wouldn't mind it ).
  9. Tobynn Augur

/hidefamiliars and /hidemounts and /hideillusions would rock, but as all are in essence walking billboards for Marketplace sales, it won't happen. Not a chance they take any measures that could possibly negatively impact sales.

/hidemounts also probably has zero chance of happening as now you are getting into different animations perceived from different viewpoints -- sounds like an implementation nightmare to me.

Give up that /hidemerc and /hidepet conversation, those just ain't ever gonna happen. Both pets and mercs can and do get themselves on NPC hate lists, and therefore should always be visible.

I would like to see the ability to hide merc names because its nothing more than visual noise.
    There is no reason at all I should be stuck forever looking at:

an amazing bloodbone skeleton spitfire fingerwaggler
    (Tobynn's mercenary)

For many intents and purposes, mercs are effectively treated as PCs.
    Allow me to apply some sort of /showmercname off functionality, just like I can with PCs.

I'd also be thrilled if when I set my Track window to ShowPlayers OFF that it actually stopped showing players, and their pets, and their mercs, and their familiars, and their campfires, and anything else prefaced with a colon. It should filter out players and everything they own. Prior threads over the years seem to indicate that the Tracking system is an oven-baked beast, so I don't expect to ever see it any more effectively updated.