Hidden quest?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Orbital101 Augur

What is it with about this rumor about secret quest not found? Is it because people wish there was because lore give us more information then there is to do or is there really one to find? Should we try to discover something or wait for the next patch / part of the expansion to come out? Ive been running around 4th gate, 3rd gate, rerunning tasks and carefully read what NPCs as to say(what people dont do anymore). There is defenetly something missing but is it out yet or should we keep looking? I would rather tell my friends that I am omw to help them out on what they need then tell them that I cant trying to find something that doesnt exist yet.

and that wouldn be fair spreading rumors about secret quest when there is none making people run left and right to give them something to do untill next part of the expansion!
  2. Edrick Augur

I have no information about a secret quest, but it is in my opinion there should be more of them. Lots of them. I want to get quests from sources other than an NPC that has (Quests) under its name. That was what Everquest was originally about, and I think it would be very refreshing to incorporate something old along with the new.
    Rashari and Rainbowdash like this.
  3. Rainbowdash Augur

THIS
    Rhymez Thebard likes this.
  4. Triquience Journeyman

5. Siddar Augur

What quest are the Booze drops from Deadhills Heroic missions?
  6. Caudyr Augur

You mean like the broken puppet quest that you can only start by fishing an item up in CC and clicking it? ;)
  7. Edrick Augur

Stuff like that, yes. Quests that aren't self-contained within one zone. Lots and lots of those types of quests.
  8. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Maybe we should kill all the DE chicks that start with letter 'L'...
  9. Tarrin Augur

Hidden quests will only be hidden until the first person completes it, then it will be posted all over the internets (assuming the reward is worth anything) and it will become just like any other normal quest already in existence.

Or possibly broken because it couldn't be Beta tested in an effort to keep it hidden.
  10. Edrick Augur

Honestly I would be happy seeing more quests that don't fall under the standard category of Mercenary, Partisan, Mission.

That brings up another point that bugs me. The quests in the past few expansions, at least starting with House of Thule, have been so self-contained. You complete the quest, beginning to end, within the zone. There were very few exceptions - like the fished up doll in crystal caverns, or the quest in Windsong where you get the gnome's pickles from Plane of Knowledge.

So many quests back in the old days had you go through many zones and travel a lot. I'm not saying we should have every future quest in the game become like this, but I think there should be a whole lot more of them.
    Tarrin likes this.
  11. Tarrin Augur

I would also really like quests not being all preset into the standard merc/partisan/mission layouts per zones.

At least a couple here and there.
  12. Orbital101 Augur

the task it self could be tested and some minor change at live... the thing is atm is that all the expansions come out and at the max 2 days later some guilds allready as it all done tasks and raids. They could at leest keep a raid and a mission hiden to slow us down lol.
  13. Leerah Augur

GASP! I think not!

Leerah, of Neriak!
  14. Xirtket Augur

I've always been curious as to how much undiscovered stuff there is in EQ, particularly the older content, it would be nice if devs knew what has/has not been foud yet.
  15. wingz-83 Augur

Mobs in bixie tasks etc keep going on and on about Selo's Drum. Then when you do the mission you get the drum. Why, what's it for? Was something going to be implemented and then dropped? It's even marked as quest. (Hand in to queen to finish the task / partisan line would be my guess but they put it in the mission which comes after and probably didn't remove it.)

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=113761
  16. Orbital101 Augur

Rumors about turning it in the Hall of Heroes that is not in game or if it is, well it as not been discovered yet.

but pretty much sure all we know is out allready so will need to wait for a patch or 2 or next part of the expansion to know more.
  17. roguerunner Augur

If you keep reading into the lore these are all powerful items.
    The drum, the scroll, and the 3rd item. They are needed for us to ...

Wait for the next part of expansion duh
    Falos likes this.
  18. Triquience Journeyman

I asked that question years ago. A dev actually replied and said basically that everything has been discovered. He mentioned something about how players monkey with the files and can figure out everything in the zones or the the quests and stuff like that. So there is no long lost item or long lost quest that hasn't been started/completed/found.
  19. Stickietoes Augur

What was the third item? not coming to mind...
  20. Orbital101 Augur