Hi everyone

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lynnhart, Mar 26, 2013.

1. lynnhart New Member

Hi everyone it's been a while since I played everquest. But I download the game and was playing yesterday. When I had this thought popped into my head.
    I wonder if Sony realizes that if there was some way they could update the graphics. Add some sort of server versus server world versus world team PVP that everquest would probably be the number one MMORPG out there again. Because let's face it there is no game out there that can touch everquest content and lore.
    Every game I've ever played since I always compare to a everquest.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

The graphics engine isn't changing. Next topic!
  3. moogs Augur

Keep an eye out for news on Everquest Next.
  4. lynnhart New Member

It was just a thought I had and wanted to share. And wanted to say hi to everyone =)
  5. Cakvala Augur

Welcome to the game! Yeah our graphics may not be the latest or greatest but the game core is the best!
  6. Tachyon Augur

Welcome aboard!
  7. Aradune Lorekeeper

A graphics update would be great, but when we prioritize all of the things we want to do to the game, it gets buried underneath new features and content. I don't think most players want it to be high priority either (though I'm sure they wouldn't mind an upgrade). In other words, the demand for new content, quests, items, features, etc. is always higher than the demand for a graphics overhaul.

-Brad
    ChaosMaster and Fury like this.
  8. Braveheart Augur

Double your DEV team. Have 1 team work on content. Have 2nd team work on Graphics Revamps. Sell the Revamp as a pack, and I bet you would be surprised how many would buy it.
  9. Zanarnar Augur

That would be very hard to do and an overhaul of the games engine would have to come first. Its originally from like 1994 or so; and has been patched a few times to support newer DirectX features (up to 9 i believe which happened around 2004). The work it would take to revamp the engine would be the smaller step though; redoing all the meshes and creating higher resolution textures would be hugely time consuming. An update to say DX11 though might be doable the same way the support for DX9 was added; that would bring some better post-processing and thus make the game look better without having to re-do all the old textures/meshes/etc/etc. (Grain-of-Salt: I'm a network admin, not a game designer, so this is my layman's view!)

(IMO) As for adding in PVP stuff; well there is a pvp server for all your needs ;) Generally though everquest just isn't designed for fair PVP; as some classes would dominate, while others wouldn't stand a chance. (/IMO)
  10. Danille Augur

Actually it would be a multi-step process:

1- Configure all current EQ/EQ2 characters to a Prestige code base stats for access to EQNext
    2- Launch EQnext with a massive new Continent (Like the old days) and give all EQ/EQ2 players brand new Prestige code characters
    3- Over the course of time launch new content for EQ Next with updated zones from original EQ/EQ2 - the zones would be updated, the character stats and rule set would be whatever they want it to be.

Just need to give the players enough new content to keep them busy for a year or two.
  11. Tegila Augur

i dont want a graphics update honestly /shrug i prefer eq graphics to any other game out there. maybe im jsut weird like that but i hate cartoony garbage and to me theyre all cartoony orcorny. i also hate pvp which is another reason eq is so much better than theo ther games on top of the content etc.

if htey want eq to be more popular theyll start advertising more, ive been happy to see once or twice ads online for the game but a tv ad like you see for wow everywehre would work better, make a contest if you dont wanna spend the money, off to give free lifetime gold membership to someone that creates an eq commercial and wins the contest , then use their commercial and pay them with free gold forever and maybe some extra sc every month. im surey oud get a lotta submissions, some even good or great
  12. Nolrog Augur

It's not just the creation of the commercial. The cost just to run a commercial nation-wide is massive and the expected return wouldn't justfiy the cost.
  13. Imrahil Augur

Well other SOE games I do see advertising for, but not EQ...