HEY Roshen and SOE check out all the HATE against W.E. Warder

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Draego, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draego Augur

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/treant-beast.206634/
    All you have to do is read all the HATE towards the decision for a W.E. Warder being a Treant.

SOE showed that they were willing to listen to the community on the SC issue even though not all of us like the current solution. Show that SOE has the wisdom to listen to the community again. Either put the Warder to a vote or make a choice to make it an animal, either way loose the plant.
  2. Tarrin Augur

There isn't exactly a lot of hate. 2 or 3 repeat posters. A handful of people supporting it. Arguing over the definitions of words.
    Azzurri likes this.
  3. Draego Augur

To have been more accurate I could have thrown in links from the other forum postings, only tagged the one since it was the last one i had been on.
  4. Tarrin Augur

I agree, there has been some hate. Just that particular one didn't seem like the strongest example to throw up.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

By SOEs definition, treant is a plant, if they now want to decide that it is an animal, fine, but then every treant in game needs it coding changed from plant to animal. But then you can also argue that every plant is an animal and just scrap the plant type.

Also by SOEs definition beastlords have animal warders.

Draego and xcitng like this.
  6. Tarrin Augur

I feel there is a difference from having a plant body type, and being a physical plant organism.
  7. Sinestra Augur

There has been more than "2 or 3 repeat posters" and there were a lot of people who shared the "haters" views on Facebook where they also announced it. There has been a lot of support for the class, but little actual support specific to the pet choice.
    xcitng likes this.
  8. Draego Augur

Give me a plant in the form of an animal, use similar Lore methods dealing with Takish Hiz lore, then maybe I could support a treant as a pet, but as it currently stands... this is the most illogical asinine decision SOE could have made for this new Race/Class combo.
    xcitng likes this.
  9. Tarrin Augur

Druids turn animals, people, etc into "plants" all the time. Its a spell we have.

Wouldn't this fit the lore of animals and other non-plant things having the "form" of a plant or plant body type?
  10. Falos Augur

Wood Elf beastlord warder should be a Vah Shir.

Vah shir are only fit to serve wood elves.
    Erekai, xcitng, Tarrin and 2 others like this.
  11. Moklianne Augur

Use your other hand and toes if you need to. There is quite a bit more than simply 2 or 3 that dislike the Treant choice. There are other options that would make more sense. I still vote for a Fae Drake instead. Or, just make sure pet illusion clickies are available in the marketplace for Fae Drake, Treant, etc and make sure they don't fade when zoning.
    Draego and Sinestra like this.
  12. Feradach Augur

There's nothing druidic about a beastlord. They are shaman/monk hybrids.
    xcitng and Sinestra like this.
  13. Tarrin Augur

I guess I need to clarify a bit more.

I was specifically talking about the link posted in the original post. It was not the greatest example to show the amount of pet hate.
  14. Tarrin Augur

That has nothing to do with what I said. Someone asked about plants in the forms of animals and lore in EQ. I was showing that there are already example of animals with plant-like bodies in the game due to spells that Druids have.

I made no implication that there was something druidic about the beastlord, sorry if it was taken that way.
  15. Draego Augur

While this is true the effects are Temporary. Like I said give me something dealing with Lore and maybe I could support the decision.

Since I am not even sure what you are arguing for or against, I will be a bit more specific with the Lore aspect. Take creatures like ANY of the Goral, or Braxi, or Kangon type mobs they are Animals with Plant-like appearences, to me this would fit the lore better than a Treant.
  16. Piestro Augur

Changing it at this point would be equally unfair. The Wood Elf beastlord was voted on as is and won the vote. Clearly there was significant support, although I preferred Gnome Beastlords myself.

Creating multiple threads on this topic doesn't help though, so I'll go ahead and lock this one.
    Izcurly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.