Hey Mepps, do we click the OK button or leave the queue window up? Ask the team?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 26, 2021.

1. Clarial New Member

Thank you for clarifying this. Will we also be logged in if we're waiting in Chat, and not on the Server Select screen?
    TheInquisitor likes this.
  2. Larsen Augur

It comes from the Latin 'cauda' which means tail.
  3. superman Augur

Are you guys staggering logins? Or are we waiting for people to log off until we can get in at this point?
  4. Shadix New Member

Does anyone else feel like they are standing in a long line, with a mask, hoping there is still toilet paper on the shelves when you get in?
    OldRodKS and Cassiera like this.
  5. SleezerGeezer Elder

Entered the queue 2 min after, and I'm still waiting 28 minutes later. The people in game certainly aren't quitting, they'll simply go afk and alt tab out, so this could be a several hours wait, right?
  6. Vark Journeyman

clicked within 1 second...and still queue...game is prolly empty
    Daybreak was managing this way better, remember in phinny we had 20 something picks of Gfay, now there is prolly just 3-4 picks
  7. Trox2010 Augur

You should add that into the Queue pop-up window, since this question is asked at every TLP release.
  8. MMOer Augur

I would not risk that biscuit.

Just chat here or in discord official.
  9. MMOer Augur

Reports that there are 250 in the servers... just wait they will raise the cap in a bit... and prey you are the next couple hundred that get in.
  10. Elite_raider Augur

Can confirm, hit the login button once and it will take you in when the server is ready
  11. Machen New Member

They do both. They start with a small cap on total # of players, and slowly raise it. And, when a player logs off, then someone else can log in and take their spot against the cap.
  12. Elite_raider Augur

Yupp, most people are just creating their characters and logging of, so they are funneling people in so that everyone can get their names reserved I think, only 11 people in Oggok atm after I left after making my characters. Have fun guys, crossing my fingers everyone gets their favorite names :)
  13. Clarial New Member

Agreed. But at the same time, I read that you have to take an action like participating in chat in order to not get kicked off for inactivity.

So... it's a game of entering chat, sending a message, and getting back to server select as fast as possible and hoping you didn't secretly miss the client's attempt to log you in, I guess? If so, that is absolutely embarrassing.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I got a timeout for whatever it's worth. I restarted and got the "still in the queue" message so it's all good.
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

How many are you letting in at a time? 10?
    Lorria Blackcat likes this.
  16. Bardy McFly Augur

17. Grimaldus No pity. No remorse. No fear

@Mepps Do we need to sit in chat to avoid being kicked for inactivity? Or can we just sit in server select?

Thax
    Clarial likes this.
  18. Elite_raider Augur

I did not alternate between server select and chat, and I never got kicked. I think they disabled the timer. Not sure if you loose your spot in the que if you go to chat btw, so maybe just hang back and wait at server select.
    Clarial likes this.
  19. Clarial New Member

This is the question. If we have to periodically use Chat so as not to get kicked out and lose our place in line, at least let us know if the Chat screen is a safe place to wait :rolleyes:
  20. Nukkel New Member

My biggest question is if I clicked the login button again am I now ? Or what? Because I was in the Q for a god damn hour, answer this MEPP
    Lorria Blackcat likes this.