Hey Krono Farmers ......

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sippycup, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Sippycup The Holy Grail of Aradune

-Key to Veeshan's Peak (Quest)- - Quest Hand-in's can no longer be multiquested ..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Yruc, fransisco and Jhenna_BB like this.
  2. Horyuken Augur

Can they flag an item such that if you have ever had it, it will give you a lore flag even if destroyed. This would make it very hard for people to grief or resale items like the VP key piece.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

See all you tin foil hat people? DBG does care more about game integrity over Krono sales. :)

Hopefully this kind of thing continues on Progression servers. Epic multi-questing would be the next thing to target and put the screws to greedy Krono farmers.
  4. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

Progression servers - never understood them and never will
    Elricvonclief and Annastasya like this.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

All you need to know is this game would likely have already sunset were it not for revenue created by Progression Servers.
    Drusi and Thraine like this.
  6. Hiladdar Augur

Once we were past PoP, into GoD and subsequent expansions, multi-questing was no longer an issue, but a nice way to get something for alts / boxes.

And then came the "server of the month" i.e. the progression servers, where, I suspect, multi-questing was royally abused, in the effort to generate plat / krono.

In my opinion, this is yet another thing that is not broken on live servers, being shoved down to the live servers.
  7. smash Augur

But then again. Why has multiquesting ever been allowed?

There should really be put a plug for all tasks that way.

Also ALL task items should be no destroy and as soon you completed a tash you never able to loot it again.
  8. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

Multiquesting i think has been removed from the game anyways. It should have never been allowed because people use to sell it for alot
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I love the term "TLP poison" for this sort of thing. I wish I could take credit for it. :)
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

Probably because it really wasn't a big enough issue to be worth spending time changing it, until the addition of krono.
  11. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

Multiquesting has been removed anyways
  12. Febb Augur

Not all multiquesting was removed, just for this particular quest for this patch.

I believe multiquesting was a side effect of the NPC logic not checking who is giving items to the NPC.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

TLP poison should stay in it's (TLP poison) lane.

Lavar Ball would agree.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yes, because no one on live pays for the game right? (Load of garbage always spewed by TLP'ers). Of course, if that was true we wouldn't have had expansions or anything like that for many years.

If you take the number of pure TLP players vs. the number of Live paying players that also dabble in TLP when they're bored... you'd probably be surprised by the numbers.
  15. Wizlard Augur

OK THANKS OP.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I think you're all incredibly naive. Way more money is spent per player on TLP servers and that average money went up even more when they enabled Illusions this summer. Play on one of those servers for longer than 5 minutes and you'd see they are amazing cash cows IN CONJUNCTION WITH the money DBG is guaranteed to make selling us client software for expansions on "Live" servers. Btw players on TLP servers pay a sub fee as well. This whole "Live vs. TLP" argument is about the lamest thing spoken on these boards. We need BOTH to continue playing Everquest and if the cost is needing a Rogue to open doors for you or loss of ability to Multi-quest so be it. We're still able to play.

We should be shaking each other's hands and thanking one another. Not fighting like siblings and arguing semantics. Get. Over. It.

Genoane likes this.
  17. Thraine Augur

this is the truth ^^^

Love em or hate em ... TLPs are good for one thing, paying the bills so we get new content :)
  18. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

We can only guess at what makes the most income for DBG, but I think you can tell more by watching where DBG spends their money and development time. TLP servers are easy for them to release, obviously easy for them to support (cause they don't really do much support), and they (seemingly) cost no money - it's just a rerun. So obviously they are profitable.

And yet they keep releasing expansions, which do cost money. Maybe DBG has learned something about how both types of servers are needed to ensure the health of the franchise?

EDIT: just because a lot of transactions happen and a lot of kronos are spent on TLP servers, does NOT mean that DBG is selling a lot of kronos or profiting off of those transactions. I'm sure they make money, but I think a majority of those kronos are coming from wealth accumulated on other servers OR are coming from 3rd party sites where existing kronos are purchased for far less than DBG sells them for.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Repthor Augur

its will take them a full 2 seconds to find another way to make Kronos
  20. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Not even that long. The very first thing I saw in /general chat as I logged into Agnarr yesterday was: "Goodbye multiquest, hello loot rights!". And then 5 minutes later, "WTS Chokidai Prod".

And since they can still destroy the quest items, they can still keep them locked down and force people to buy them ("Don't buy from me? Don't get it at all."). This change did nothing.
    Maedhros likes this.