Hero's Vitality, Fortitude, Resolution Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyssanda, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Feznik Elder

So what you are saying its not worth time and effort to do all 50 ranks of the heroic AA's, and better to just acquire an item to boost your AC for the same equivalent! I am all for that, I know I won't be wasting my time going after these when I could be doing something else in EQ!

I'm not trying to be sarcastic either, this seems like a total waste of time if you don't have a lot of time online time to play, you could be doing something better with your EQ time then going after these AA's.
  2. Tucoh Augur

If your goal is to improve a newish character in the most efficient way possible, yeah, heroic AAs are pretty far down the list. Somewhere between farming your Tears of Alaris and getting your artisan's prize.

But every bit helps, and the more you play the more work down that improvement list.

And if you personally find it a huge pain in the to do semi-old content for heroic AAs, you could skip it altogether and even if you're a end-game raider it probably won't make a difference.
    Endaar and code-zero like this.
  3. code-zero Augur

Look at it this way, you're going to be doing something at those levels and you'll be getting AA's while you're doing the progression anyway so why not? The raw power leveling strategy for getting AA's would be to not buy a thing until you got to 110, then max stored AA's out and buy down from the most current backwards only skipping back for the prerequisites until you got 4000 spent and the bonus went away. After that people would work on getting their collections done as those achievements earn AA's. Then do what you will and maybe take the autogrant to fill whatever you have left
  4. Ruven_BB Augur

Two things EQ is the sum of small increases and from the description the AC is pre soft cap, so it’s like upgrading a shield.
    Fanra likes this.
  5. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

It's true that the value of HP and probably AC has gone down with the large increases in player equipment from the past few expansions.

I do think Hero's Resolution is very powerful for bards especially, the ways we can increase our mana regen are very limited.
    Elyssanda and code-zero like this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The HP and AC are probably a bigger deal to scrubs and casuals, who don't have the huge values from current raid gear. I'm in full conflagrant with all the AAs which contribute to HP (the General tab ones), and I'm at 167k HP. The extra 1500 HPs (if I ever get all the Heroic AAs) will make more difference to me than someone pushing 300k HP.
  7. Travestii Elder

Thanks Ely, this will go on The List.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Morthakia Augur

Can someone confirm whether or not the AC from Heroic AAs is before/after the soft cap? If it behaves like “Shield AC” — then the 600ac obtainable from Heroic AAs is quite valuable and would be a noticeable difference in the aggregate.

Also, it wasn’t mentioned, but you can get +600 attack from Heroic AAs as well. I personally value this a fair amount on both my melee characters and my SK (where damage often translates into healing). My attack normally sits in the +6000 range while buffed/fighting, so I figure Heroic AAs contribute to about 10% of this statistic, which is fairly meaningful.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

It does not behave like Shield AC. It's "raw AC" before the class calculations modify (reduce) it just like worn AC.