Hero's Journey: Kill the Harpy Queen

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Skrab, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Queen Eletyl is a level 71 raid mob, but she drops level 43 recommended and level 50 required loot. Also, the achievement group she belongs to is for Ascending the Roost (56-60).

Is this intended to a level 71 mob drop level 43 loot for a level recommended level 56 achievement?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Since 2006 players have complained this is too hard. All the Roost quests/missions are hard to solo. And all the quests up to this are solo but this one states it is a raid. And raid bosses are inherently harder.

The Blackfeather Shockstone is a very nice type 4 aug and is similar to the Frosty Gem of Enhanced Protection from LDON raids

Those are/were very nice augs for shields and weapons when there are not many at all on the lower levels. So you could assume the devs saw this one coming and made those raids harder than normal since players still farm both of those augs even at level 115.
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Thank you, but I don’t think the devs intended it to be part of the Hero’s Journey.
    Tatanka likes this.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

Just ask for help in general chat, nobody cares here.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Just link the shockstone in genral chat and ask for help. It's easier if you pre-collect the griffon treat materials for someone and offer to bring them through. The shockstone makes it an easy sell to friends, guildmates, random strangers from /who all 55-65, etc.

Yes people have complained about the difficulty of the final stage, but it's still very doable and only a difficulty on the first character play through.

Also consider the benefits of a guild and a friendlist.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I'll also add... Most of the players here have suffered far far worse camps and requirements for quests that NOBODY else gets anything out of, like.. a level 55 paladin trying to get corrupted hides and a plane of hate kill of The Corrupter of Life in era for Nature's defender, a class and deity specific sword quest, yet they got it done without the benefit of Defiant gear, etc. This is why some people might be.. less sympathetic to your complaint, however valid your observations are regarding the comparative level requirement. risk and reward. It's one of the better rewards available for a pretty reachable fight as you only have to talk one person into helping, or wait a day or two and level up.
  7. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I know my forum handle has new member on it, but I've been playing a long time off and on (mostly off). Sat through the long, boring camps with friends and friends of friends so I don't really see how past situations apply to bad design. I would join a guild, but I don't really have much intention for playing longer than 2-3 weeks at a time.

Unfortunately, I already burnt out on EQ again. I love this game, but man does it just chew up hours without noticing. So, maybe I'll finish it up later this year when I feel the itch to play again.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

What server btw? If I have characters there, I'll help you.