Hero's Fortitude&Vitality progression AA need a rework.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sokon, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Sokon Augur

I suppose the attack rating is great for melee dps but these ever gonna get better from expansion to expansion for other classes?
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'd love to see ranks that open up and add a larger reward based on hitting certain thresholds. Say, every 10 ranks receives a secondary boost you can tie right into the existing AA's. Something that makes power gain of Hero's Fort/Vit more in line with Hero's Resolution. Often, there's something a little more annoying to do than just completing progression (in most expacs) for Resolution to receive ranks of Fort/Vit. Reward people for that.
  3. Sokon Augur

Well any AA lines can increase or decrease in power as they gain more ranks. I don't understand why they never implemented the same concept into the Fortitude/Vitality/Resolution line aas(which is why I think they need a rework going back a few expansions). I mean even if you get all 70 ranks you only end up with like 50 ac and 2 k hps. That's not a lot for doing all the progression in the entire game. Current or more recent expansions, or just do it by number/rank of the AAs, should eventually be more powerful than the lower ranks since in all honesty the only classes that really should go after them at this point are those that benefit from attack rating.

People like to min/max their chars, especially raiders and some will get all of these no matter what. But I gotta believe that they aren't all that enticing for the other classes. I play a monk, so for me personally the 2 k + attack rating you can get from all 70 ranks is a MUST, but I don't understand what makes them that appealing to the non attack rating classes.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Would love it if heroic AAs got a boost and were also integrated more heavily throughout EQ.

Would also love it if EQ had difficult content that made small improvements to your character worth getting.
  5. Duder Augur

Fixxed
    Nukester, Astral64 and Yinla like this.
  6. Duder Augur

Also 2k attack? It's 700.

Devoid of factual errors I like your post otherwise ;)
    Nukester and Astral64 like this.
  7. enclee Augur

This is the point, progression past T1 group gear is pretty pointless. Once, you knock out the major AAs that have level caps on them, there's not much point to grinding out an expansion for a few heroic stats.
  8. Sokon Augur

Devoid of what? Think again. It's 700 attack rating and 700 worn attack rating cap. Totalling around 2000 shown attack rating. You get about 26/27 shown attack rating per fortitude AA as long as you have the worn attack rating to support the increased cap. Also don't forget the increase in Strength cap(Hero's Resolution), which also provides attack rating. Again, all in all its roughly above 2000 for all ranks of the progression awarded Hero's AAs, which is arguably much more beneficial to several melee classes than all the rest.

And as far as the post above me, they are Hero's AAs in name and no, they don't currently provide any Herroic stats, perhaps an adequate suggestion to change would look something like:

Rank 1-25 Fortitude/Vitality stay the same
    Rank 1-10 Resolution stays the same
    Rank 26-50 Fort/Vit gets buffed(maybe some spell dmg/heal amount), Rank 51-75 Fort/Vit gets a better buff and so on
    Rank 11-20 Res gets herroic stats, Rank 21-30 Gets a bit more, and so on

I think there we could, with enough feedback/reply, get the devs to implement some upgrade going forward or possibly even to some current ranks.
    Mithra likes this.
  9. enclee Augur

Thanks for the correction, I guess I haven't cared enough to pay attention to what they did.
  10. Sokon Augur

Ya... Again, if you don't benefit from attack rating I'm not surprised you didn't.
  11. Sokon Augur

what do people think about adding some stats to these prog AA's that benefit other classes other than those who benefit from the Attack Rating gains from these? arguably the best thing about them, where all 79 ranks combined don't really net you anything,

30% more attack rating
    less than 1% more life
    way less than 1% more ac

Shouldn't they deserve a bit of heal amount, spell damage or something for other classes? I play a monk, so they are a must have for me cause they give a huge amount of attack rating, but how do others feel???
  12. Mookus Augur

Yes. I’ve noticed and hated on this manifestation of dev melee bias.

Devs need a timeout on their unabashed bias.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It's a design decision, to be sure. Melee appear to be favored, but in actuality melee have to work a bit harder than casters. Mob placement, front/rear positioning, rampage, AoEs, etc all must be considered when melee are engaging. Casters have arguably fewer things to consider while engaging.

So, melee bias? I think it's a more a function of risk v. reward.
  14. Spankage Elder

Standing at max melee with auto attack and auto fire on is hardly a risk, these are silly justifications for why melee are leagues and leagues ahead of every caster except necros.

Death is barely more than a minor setback now with rez effect changes and a nearly infinite pool of abilities that regen end.. curious that you feel there's even a semblance of balance here.
    Coagagin likes this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Casters offer more general utility than melee. Ports, evac, buffs, etc.

Since you bring it up, standing out of harm's way and waggling your fingers is zero risk. And melee are not "leagues and leagues" ahead of every caster. I often see wizards, druids, enchanters in the top 10 on my raids.

Perhaps your raid leader hates casters and doesn't give yours a bard? Or perhaps your casters are simply behind the curve in character development and knowledge? Who knows.

But coming at me with 'melee are autoattack at max melee'? LOL. That's sure to turn me right around.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. Maym_Cazic Journeyman

The last time I got a bard in a caster group it was a joke from the raidleader who also gave the lone necro in the group 3 enchanters. Bards go in melee groups because they benefit from them more.

I play an enchanter and we can do decent damage, but if we are cracking the top10 the true dps classes - berzerkers, necros, rogues and monks are seriously slacking. I'd love for wizards to see a lot of love and mages to get some as well. I don't think the best way for that to happen is via tweaks to the heroic line of achievements, but I would love to see them updated.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It's a fair assessment to say that pure melee and Necros are top of the DPS heap. That's for good reason. Not to say Wizards and Mages are in a good place, they're not and could use a DPS bump.

Honestly, if your Bards aren't boosting caster DPS by 30% (minimum) then they need to revisit their song stack and coordinate with the Enchanters.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  18. Vaeeldar Augur

Wizards top 10 dps? So monks, ber, rogue, rangers, necros, mages, beast, and well every class in existence was afk? sorry hard to take your posts seriously when you post stuff like this. Wizzes are so utterly useless these days it’s hard to imagine why anybody would play them. Broken class with no value to groups or raids.
  19. Vaeeldar Augur

Forums leggings like servers these days..
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  20. Spankage Elder

Utility that is available in the guild hall is hardly utility and needs to stop being weighed against struggling classes, it's a ridiculous argument.

Your melee and, hell, even your warriors are slacking if you see wizards druids and enchanters in the top 10. It's also a waste of a bard to throw them in with casters vs a melee or even tank (warrior) group, it's not a slight against any particular player or a "joke" -- it's inefficient to give them one.

I play a melee, I've also played casters on raids. The melee class requires far less work.

Casters need help, big time. I don't play one anymore nor do I have any caster alts but it's clear as day to see they aren't keeping up.