Hero's Forge - Teir'Dal

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orbital101, Mar 16, 2017.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Does anyone know if Cloth/Leather classes can equip Scalemail, Ringmail, Chain, and/or Plate?
  2. Ishtass Augur

Yes, they can. At least, I as a monk could equip ringmail.
  3. Ishtass Augur

Someone just mentioned to me that they couldn't, so proceed with caution, I'm not sure at the moment and can't test it.
  4. WorriedinNorrath Elder

I don't understand why every class just can't use every hero forge item. All the separation just creates needless confusion. When it was first introduced back a few years ago I don't remember any restrictions at all. Did they change it or am I just wrong?
  5. Nniki Augur

Plate / Scalemail / Chain = Plate / Chain
    Ringmail / Leather / Cloth = Leather / Cloth

However, anyone can earn the achievements for all 12 sets by acquiring the appropriate armor type to wear the ornaments for the achievement.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1457
    Gyurika Godofwar and Ishtass like this.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Holy crap you guys are crushing my dreams by flagging Ringmail as Leather/Cloth. So back in Velious I was able to wear Ringmail and now I can't wear the Hero's Forge versions?? For Example: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5738. You are seriously disappointing all the olde skool players that had these looks on their armor. If this is considered a success and you eventually do this for Feir'Dal armor I won't be able to wear my favorite all time armor look in this game's history. Big Time fail. Let EVERY CLASS wear all this armor, this is just silly.
  7. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Here is what armor types can wear what.

Wrathful Chain = Plate or Chain classes.
    Wrathful Cloth = Leather or Cloth classes.
    Wrathful Leather = Leather or Cloth classes.
    Wrathful Plate = Plate or Chain classes.
    Wrathful Ringmail = Leather or Cloth classes.
    Wrathful Scalemail = Plate or Chain classes.

Same goes for Malevolent armor.
  8. Janakin Augur

Not all armor types are restricted to certain classes. There are all/all cloth armor pieces for example that a plate class can wear and insert the ringmail ,leather and cloth ornaments into.
  9. Nniki Augur

Yep. That's how you can earn all 12 achievements on a single character... can find leather and cloth and such in starting cities.
    Janakin likes this.
  10. Angahran Augur

Something has been bugging me since I first saw the Wrathful armour, but couldn't figure it out until I loaded my character on a different PC without HF turned on.
    The original Dark Elf female plate armour had this cool looking skull helm and the new armour has a bucket :(

Any chance someone in the art department can correct this ?
    Nniki and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  11. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

12. eqgamer Augur

which hats are those?
  13. Joko New Member

Wish i had realized there was no robe in the cloth set. Would have saved me the market cash.
  14. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Classic graphics, DE plate. :)
    Gyurika Godofwar and eqgamer like this.
  15. Orbital101 Augur

Master Hunter Jilare in the Shard's Landing will sell all 4 type of armour with ALL/ALL tag. The only problem I had was the silk helm where the ornaments wouldn fit in so use the Leather Cap.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Angahran Augur