Heroic to 105 on Live

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Theophastus, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Theophastus New Member

YARP (yet another returning player) here, haven't played since 70 was the cap. Had 2 70s and no desire to grind that + low level AAs again, and dont want to play my old toons over again, so I played an enchanter (intended main this time) to 30 to get reacclimated and plan to go Heroic this weekend and try to get to 105 to play with my old friends.

Everything I've read just says to get J5 merc, do heroic aug quests, then grind HAs - is that really all there is to it? Is there any other gearing or, well, anything to do on the way up (assuming groups would be few and far between since it's an old server)?

Lastly, would I be able to progress molo, or is boxing (or grouping) pretty essential to the grind to 105? Not strongly opposed to boxing but would prefer molo if it wouldn't be torturous.

Thanks for any help!
  2. Borek-VS Augur

If you use All Access, or just buy a month a couple of times, you can use auto-grant to avoid having to grind low level AAs. However, the heroic aug gearing path is very convenient.

Some things to consider: epics (not very useful for an enchanter, but you may like to grab them anyway), Anguish chest click (same applies), extra illusion items, most of which grant enchanters an illusion spell as well. When you get close to end-game it is worthwhile doing progression achievements, really just for the most recent expansion. Also, do the daily quests for the exp from 85+.

Most things you can do with a merc; certainly the heroics augs and J5.
  3. Rinrigok Journeyman

4. Theophastus New Member

Great suggestions, thanks!

Perfect!