Heroic stats for a pure melee

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Usti, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Usti New Member

I recently returned to the game and am now confronted with heroic stats. Id like to know what you guys chose for your character and why.

Heroic Strengh pushes dmg minimally, Heroic Dex adds a chance to crit.

What gives more DPS? Focus on one of both? Or is maybe the balance the best? Does it matter at all?
  2. Brogett Augur

Berserkers parsed it recently, but the effect was very small (in favour of dex):

http://www.goberserker.com/forums/showpost.php?p=82273&postcount=26

I'd want to retest this myself though as a rogue, I just haven't had time. A few things to consider.

1) Rogues hit more often, but it's very easy to calculate the +damage part from +1 every 10 hstr.

2) hStr gives +attack too due to the base str stat increasing. However this won't make much of an impact on some mobs. We need something with a realistic AC. I don't know about guild hall combat dummies, but they're dark blue now. Arena dummies on beta/test servers have low AC, but with 75 or so "increase mitigation" statements you can get them up to a more realistic value. I'm not sure what the exact number of increases needs to be. That itself needs parsing first.

3) hDex boost crit rate, slightly. It's not huge, but nor is attack.

Personally I like dex because is also boosts a couple of our (rogue) defensive skills. (2 of dodge, parry, ripost, but forget which it isn't; probably parry.)
  3. Songsa Augur

Choose heroic stats that boost defensive skills like Hagi/Hdex even Hsta for HP at least it can be useful and can save your life, every things that can help our survivability will be useful. Offensive heroic stats make almost no difference for DPS.
    Hdex can be useful though for assassinate/decap proc rate.
  4. Mykaylla Augur

I made this for a very long post on the beta forums during the first part of CotF beta...

[IMG]
    Esero likes this.
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

For the most part, I gather up the dexterity augs. However, I am a fan of ac on my augs, so I hold a preference for AC + dex, but I also use AC + str, just not as many. Rogue gear tends to give just a little more strength than dexterity on it, so I tend to let that help balance out my stats.
  6. Gragas Augur

Hmm, would try to keep your heroic strength above 400 via gear, augs or tribute, rest of the augs should be dex (proc rate and damage mitigation/reduction, dead DPS does no DPS).

That would be the DPS answer.
  7. Khoza Augur

I don't recall where I read it (likely on the monkly business forums) but I believe I've read that doing this was pointless, as the effect just rolls over after... 5? I could be misremembering or be flat out wrong, mind you.

From what I can recall, the GH dummies were based on group mobs, with the highest created being T3 VoA stats. I'll try to find the post where that info was given.

EDIT: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...nslate-the-naming-system.206401/#post-3030294 for Dzarn's post about dummies.

As to heroics, I prefer HDex, myself. But the real question here is

You're going to get all heroics on modern gear. You can boost them to some extent depending on your gear choices with non-vis slots being usable by anyone, but the difference is going to be small, most likely ~20 points I'd say. That leaves augments... Unless you're really pushing to max out one thing, I'd just grab the best all-around augs you can. Example, you could sacrifice a 20ac 75hp 6HDex aug, for an anniversary aug with 25ac 200hp and 3 to all heroics. That 3HDex is highly unlikely to break you. (Of course, no single aug is likely to break you, though a good shield AC aug might be noticeable, for a shield using class.) Myself, I'd keep a list of my augs, with the worst aug at the bottom. If an augment drops and you're considering rolling on it, compare it to the worst aug you have to decide if you should roll on the new one.
  8. Phrett Augur

6 of one, half a dozen of the other...

DEX and STR are both fine ways to go... as long as you're filling your aug slots wisely with one or the other, and AC/HP accordingly, you're fine.