Heroic Shaman Guide?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Jahim, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Jahim New Member

There are some great guides helping me get started with my Bard, and I've seen the one for the Enchanter (my old main), are there any for a new up and coming Shaman? I have background playing Clerics so I get the jist of most things, but Shamans surprisingly to me have even more utility than I was aware of. I'd love a break down of how to get started with a new Heroic Shaman.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

3. Salog New Member

I would appreciate this too. My shaman was 71 and jumped to 85 now I try to figure out which slow to use... should I just put the proc on the tank, what is the best way to heal. .14 levels is a huge difference. Plus I used to just use tank merc. He just does not cut it now no survivability.
  4. drkoli Augur

Counterbias is your friend. Slows your mob and puts a hot on the mobs target
  5. Potionless Elder

HoT, counterbias and spam heals. Hope you have time to canni. Have ancestral intervention ready. Be aware that you will have to reapply counterbias because the HoT from it almost never lasts til the end of the fight. Also wait til the merc has aggro before doing counterbias or the hot will go to the wrong target - can do AA turgurs on incoming if you're brave. You can also HoT the merc on incoming so it's already running and it's one less thing you have to do while contending with spiky damage. Make sure your healing focus and AA's are the best they can be. At lower levels, there's a reasonably priced potion you can make that gets you an extra tic out of HoT's but I don't think this works on counterbias HoT.

Last I heard on langor type procs was they were bugged for mercs. The slow went on the merc instead of the mob. Check the buffs if you use it on a merc. I don't remember seeing anything that said they fixed it. You'll have to weigh the benefits of the extra HoT vs reduced merc DPS/aggro. In my opinion, it wasn't worth the trouble before they nerfed/broke it - if you NEED it, you're probably doing content above you anyway. The benefit from this is not a game-changer: probably along the lines of reducing your failure rate from 100% to 95% - you're still going to lose alot. I also don't remember if this HoT stacks with both our normal HoT and counterbias HoT. The slow part of this spell does stack with other slows if you can get it to go to the right target (mitigation applies to this slow too so it's probably only a few more percent.)

PITA but wild growth on a merc helps when you're having trouble. It gives you that much more breathing room for lucky hits from the mob.

Tugurs (spell and AA,) the two balance spells and counterbias all slow for the same amount. The balance spells have resist checks and will land better. Can't remember if counterbias does too - check allahs/lucy. I only ever use counterbias and AA turgurs (except when I'm farming trivial mobs.) If your fight is so close that a resisted slow causes you to fail, you're fighting over your level. The other slows (disease and multi-target) are situational spells and i never use them in normal grouping.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

7. Samanagain New Member

Tatanka likes this.