heroic shadow knight rotation help

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Airdefier, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Airdefier New Member

recently made an 85 heroic shadow knight. is there a guide or cheat sheet for the rotation of Disc, AAs and spells I should run with?
  2. Umbraeques Lorekeeper

www.evilgamer.net may contain good advice - if its still up and running when you read this :(
  3. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

4. Gr8fuldave Augur

I am no SK pro by any means. I have an SK that can tank pretty dang good and this is what I do:

Use Repel, Gouging blades, bash, Viscious Bite, as often as they are up.

Rotate through Mantle, Unholy Guardian, leech curse as much as you want.

Named encounters I do this:

Epic (this should be the first thing you get), Visage of Death, Scarlet blade, Harm Touch, First spire, Carapace. If you have a pet up, I like to use insolent influence instead of Carapace b/c they are on the same timer.

That little hotkey I call "Super Tank" because I have yet to find a named that i cant tank with those running.

Get your epic, then work on AC Augs and gear.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

Look at the post that Bashiok linked, Also read Tearsin's posts on there, his are better than mine.

One of the biggest issues with giving a guide is your play style may differ. Solo, group (fast/slow) raiding. If you have specific questions, that is much easier to answer. You and anyone else are able to send me a PM as well and I will gladly answer any questions.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

Your making it sound more difficult then 1) Lifetap 2) Moar Lifetaps 3) All the Lifetaps

Be honest.
  7. Zarzac Augur

Umbraeques likes this.
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Even with my pet up all the time, I never use Insolent Influence (I prefer Carapace). And I have been choosing between 3rd spire (tanking) and 2nd spire (dps). Thoughts?
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not sure about the 4th rank, but I recall the parses on 3rd spire made it look so minor and mediocre that you're pretty much better off using first spire for the increase in taps in just about every practical situation.
    Xeladom and sojero like this.
  10. sojero One hit wonder

I am kinda curious about third spire, I never used it at rk3 because from the limited parsing I did with it there wasn't any swing of note, but the 4th rank adds a bit. Still thinking first spire though.

Target: Self
    Duration: 90s (15 ticks)
    2: Increase Chance to Avoid Melee by 8%
    3: Increase Chance to Parry by 15%
    11: Increase AC by 105
  11. Ravengloome Augur

How to tell a knight is bad: Third spire was in their cast parse. (Still resoundingly true with 4th rank.)

For SK 1st spire is really the only spire unless you know you are going to be silenced for 80s of the 90s duration. 2nd was arguable when swarming was a thing, outside of that just say no.
  12. sojero One hit wonder

I agree, But something I want to test, might do it next raid, is to see with DP and the increased block, will that help make 3rd spire at rank 4 better and a noticeable change?

Hrm, do I even have third spire at rk4, think I might have skipped that.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You're not maxed? Dude, what the deuce.....
  14. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

How to tell a person is immature: They can't deliver information without calling the person who requested the information something derogatory.
  15. sojero One hit wonder

Man I cant be bothered to log on between raids! I keep all the relevant AA maxed, the others, well, bleh dont really care, max those with raid achieves or when someone needs a tank. Also, keeping 2 chars (sk and zerker) at close to max, and their xp up from deaths at raids take almost all the time outside of raids that I log on (about 3 hrs a week) and then I have my necro for my family guild, well shes still a work in progress. I have a really really hard time logging in besides raids, but I do raid sat - wed and only have thur/fri to do other things, and that is mainly with the family.
  16. Xanathol Augur

Influence will put your pet where it should be at default, basically 4 times his normal dps. 2nd is complete trash, immeasurable in a parse. 3rd isn't much better.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    Do better, number one.

Engage!
  18. sojero One hit wonder

You are right, its time and care, no time and not enough care to find some.
  19. Ravengloome Augur

When I parsed 4th rank no.
    Calm down I literally answered your question.
  20. sojero One hit wonder

Ah so you already have, thanks :)
  21. Chibby New Member

dont forget that no matter what you are doing you need to upgrade that gear to TBM and aug the crap out of your gear. Not just the TBM slot specific stuff, but all the augs you can buy/farm that have 30+ AC is going to make a HUGE difference. You have 19 slots not including your primary and secondary that all need these. This is a HUGE chunk of AC you are missing out on if you dont get the Heroic augs or buy something equivalent.

ALSO, get the stance AAs asap. They will help survive-ability more than any other AA you have been auto granted.