Heroic Rogue

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Ricice_Milner, Mar 19, 2014.

1. GeezerGamer Journeyman

That's 17 hot keys. Would you mind reducing it to about half that. One notch above will be sufficient.

:)

And thanks for the help, btw.
  2. Harabakc Augur

I just don't macro anything as far as combat abilities go. I have all my burn stuff lined up in a row across a hotbar and across my combat abilities window itself. I start on the right side with Rogue's Fury and move across. I have GINA triggers to track ADPS buffs if I don't have shaman I'll click third as I move and jump over to the next window and click Twisted. Then I swing down right to my next hotbank and nail out all the abilities, gash/incursion/twisted/etc.
  3. Songsa Augur

I gave you the hotkeys to cover most situations, now if you just want to sustained dps you can use : autoattack, BS, bleed, assault, jugular and twisted shank. And to avoid any aggro issue if you need to escape dont use bleed, twisted shank and jugular but youll lose some dps of course.
    Also dont forget to use bite of the shissar poison, this is a good portion of our dps at that level.
  4. GeezerGamer Journeyman

What is the difference between escape and desperate escape? I also see stealthy escape and smoke screen. Stealthy escape sounds like an evac, but what about the other one? That's four "get out of jail" type abilities, are there any others at level 85?

Once again, thanks for the advice.
  5. Songsa Augur

Stealthy gateway is a self evac, you need to be hidden to use it.
    Desperate escape is a single version of smokescreen, you can use it to split 2 mobs. Use desperate escape on a mob, this mob will get mez for 6sec then blurs
    So for example you need to split 2 mobs. Use DE on first mob, the second one will come to you and attack you, the one you just mezzed with DE will stay and get blur after 6sec.
    Smokescreen is same thing but will work on more mobs, its a trap that mez all mobs around and blur them after 6sec.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Though Desperate escape has a chance to fail on the blur. To the best of my knowledge, with Smokescreen, if they get mezzed, they get blurred. DE can mez with a fail on blur. Interestingly enough, it will also tell you if the mob is immune to mezzes - SS won't.
  7. Brogett Augur

Welcome to playing a rogue (or any melee dps probably). I wish I *only* had 17 hotkeys that I use.
  8. frands481 Elder

i use delusion now but at 85 misdirection is vital for grouping. keeping aggro on tank and off of you is about only reason most see you in group for aside for utility poisons, wipe recovery, and dps.
  9. frands481 Elder

also do not use a dot if you need to escape a mob to survive a bad situation or bad pull.
  10. Elevate New Member

/ bump what's the best disciplines to stack with each other? New EoK AA's and new discs

returning after a few years hiatus,need help with setup: macros

Cheers
  11. fransisco Augur

Does anyone have a link to a heroic rogue guide that works? The link above no longer works.
    Looking for general rogue info, not just burn combos at 105/110
  12. segap Augur

The link works if you change it from sony to dbg: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/rogue-dps-set-up-rotation.208033/

The Safehouse link in it is still valid. I don't remember the names of all the old discs from the 85-90 era. Timing has also changed quite a bit through the years with AA increasing durations, so my current feel for timing would not translate well to past levels. AA consolidation and making some things that were activated passive will also alter some of the older information. The only thing that did not exist in the 85-95 range that we have today is Knifeplay You'll have more gaps to deal with until you hit 98. They also removed the requirement to stop combat to evade. You can ignore any evade macros you see and just hit Hide when it's up to attempt decreasing aggro.

That said, skimming through, it looks like some decent information in the link (and the link within it) to get you started.
  13. fransisco Augur

So is evading different than the evade AA?
    Doesn't using hide/sneak while in combat drop agro too? Or how is that different?
  14. Belexes ForumQuester

Evade was a macro to stop attacking, hide and then some other stuff like pickpockets, disarm etc. If you were getting too much aggro, you scrubbed it off by hitting the Evade button you created. Now you don't have to stop attacking, just hit your hide button to scrub off aggro.

If you are really high aggro and in danger of dying, stop attacking and hit your escape to fade your aggro away.
  15. fransisco Augur

Thanks
    One other question, is there a consolidated guide about poisons anywhere?
  16. Belexes ForumQuester

Try EQ Trades website.
  17. Rhaage Augur

18. fransisco Augur

19. fransisco Augur

Can you have 2 poison buffs up (one for each weapon)? Can you use the same poison on both or any combo of poisons?

Also for reducing agro in combat, is it just a case of hitting hide/sneak together and hoping?
  20. Heile Lorekeeper

Yes, you can put 2 poisons. One has to be a dmg poison (DD or DoT...i like to call these "primary" poison) and the other has to be a stat reducer, less accuracy, slow, hate reducer, etc. (Quellios, fighter bane, monk bane, toxic island, myrmidon. I call those "secondary" poisons.)

You can just hit hide while in combat, aka have attack on and hitting just hide. It'll do a check to see see if you "fall out of combat" (that means it worked) or not.

Hope this helps.
    fransisco likes this.