Heroic monk in need of guidance

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by rhuarch, Apr 7, 2016.

1. rhuarch New Member

Hiyas :) i came back a couple of months ago having lots of fun. I really wanted to play a monk i wanted to hc boost one but leveled to 50 first so i would in theory have a clue how to play it at 85 but i boosted it at 50 and i really don'y have a clue so many AAs etc.

Would anybody be able to give me a few pointers on the abilitys most useful to me/ macros/key binds for moloing/leveling etc can find very little info online sadly.

Thanks in advance :)
  2. Picaresque Augur

The boost from 50 to 85 is quite a journey as you've undoubtedly learned. Here are some key AAs:
    Vigorous Shuriken at 83. This will be your primary pulling tool until Distance Strike at 95.
    Heal of _____ + Calanin's Synergy = a Melee Burn
    _________ Apparition = Your Lull line to split pulls effeciently
    Echo of (Distraction) - Your mez line to use for pulling
    Drunken Monkey Style (Rk II if poss from bazaar) - improved damage

There are many other melee damage AAs. It's best to look at timers and cool downs to determine what and when to use.
  3. Funk Augur

Normal spam rotation (I have all mapped to E key personally)
    Calanin's Synergy - Flying Kick - Tiger Claw - Stunning Kick - (add cloud of fists at 87) - maybe vigorous shruiken.

Other (use during trash and burns)
    Drunken Monkey (must click before any burn disc and Zan Fi doesn't stack but I still use both heh) - Zan Fi Whistle - Fists of Wu (personal pref some don't use)

Burns
    Heel/Speed/Crystalpalm/Scaledfist + Infusion of Thunder - 2nd spire + destructive force (if applicable) +other above, then spam rotation and watch things melt.

That's all I'm gonna give! Get out there and kick stuff!'=)