Heroic (going gold) Mag Help

Discussion in 'Casters' started by kinadafz, Aug 11, 2017.

1. kinadafz Augur

I strictly play with one friend (he 3 or 4 boxes, I 2 box) so, before I get drilled for being a noob, it is only being a noob to myself and my friend :)

So, I have an 86 mag and I plan to go gold this weekend. I've been playing him for a month or so, but can't help but feel I'm not living up to their potential.

We typically burn a lesson in Fear, then named hunt. We also do old school raids on occasion. So, I have 3 scenarios:

1) Normal XP killing
    2) Burn named
    3) Longer kill raid bosses

No real issue with agro management so far.

Here is what I do on regular killing of xp:
    1) pet attack
    2) Cast Fickle Blaze
    3) Cast Bolt of Ryholite

repeat 2 and 3 until mob is dead

When we have a named, I do the following:
    1) pet attack
    2) cast Rumbling Servent
    3) click Servent of Ro AA (I think that's the name)
    4) click frenzied burnout AA
    5) click malo AA
    6) cast twincast
    7) cast fickle blaze
    8) click AA that makes next nuke more powerful and less likely to be avoided (dont' remember name)
    9) cast bold of rhyolite
    repeat 8 and 9 until dead

On longer fights, I do the same burn rotation as a named, but I recast rumbling servent whenever able.

Next is my pet and what I do / cast on them. I currently use the Air pet, and give him summoned weapons. that's all I give him for gear. I cast the most recent burnout, and iceflame influx. I do nothing else for this pet in terms of buffs or giving items.

So, knowing that I will be gold and having all AA's available to me, how can I increase my playstyle? I am NEVER OOM, like, I have to work really, really, really hard to get low on mana while grouping, really hard.

I never cast any single target damage shields, just the group buff.

I only cast one self buff on myself, Empyrean Guardian, and the rest of the buffs are shaman and cleric from the group, and all of my clickies from the heroic character.

How am I doing on my rotations and what am I missing?
  2. fransisco Augur

For the pet, if you have a tank, use water pet and position it behind the mob for backstabs.

Also, pets come with all armor/jewelry based on your pet focus item. You only need to give them weapons.
  3. shruggz Elder

its been a while, I don't remember the names off the spells at that level but I do know that, casting rs pet
    forceful rejuv and immediately casting another rs pet, then hitting your swarm pets, then casting your
    of many line can get you some very very high nuke crits, especially if you have other pet classes in your group. and more so if you can get them to cast their swarm pets too.
    the damage is high enough that I do that and while rs and of many are on cool down I will throw a spear or bolt then rs, and, of many again, until the swarm pets are gone,
    play around with that some and see if it helps.
  4. kinadafz Augur

I can't seem to find any swarm pet besides the rumbling servant, which is just one per. I don't have the spell that is based upon how many pets are on the mob yet, and I'm the only pet class in our crew.
  5. Brohg Augur

Heroic version level 82 Jolt of Many is only a bit more efficient, a bit faster casting than the level 81 Bolt of Molten Scoria.

Once you level up a touch, the ~of Many line gets to also be much bigger than your regular nukes, if you arrange the pets to make it work.

The swarm shruggz means is Host of Elements AA
  6. shruggz Elder

yup, Brohg beat me to the post, :)

you should have jolt of many and the next upgrade is at 87 I think,
    and the swarm pet aa is host of elements and I think the first rk puts 5 pets on the mob
    so with just one rs pet, your pet and host of elements that's 7 pets on the mob
    later rks of host of elements increases that number.

forceful rejuvenation is also an aa that allows you to cast a spell back to back with no cool down
    I'm not sure what level you get that but it might be available for you now, that would be 8 pets

I noticed as well you said you had a shaman in the group they also have a pet, and also get swarm
    pets, they also get a spell that has a chance to fire off additional pets when they cast a damaging spell
    not sure what level that one is though.

I'm not sure at level 86 how effective that is but at later levels its pretty awesome.
    good luck
  7. kinadafz Augur

So, this weekend I took all of your advice (and I bought a heroic Zerker, not a clue how to burn with those, I just click everything I can haha for now haha).

Changes I have made to my setup:
    1) I summon weapons for my air pet now always
    2) On named mobs (when I am 3 boxing, when I'm with my friend it's different as he brings a 92 war and 92 rogue, so they die much faster) I start with rumbling servant, then cast swarm pet, then servant of ro (sometimes it won't let me cast this, have to figure out why), usually rumbling is back up by now, then cast AA that instantly cools down, cast rumbling servant again, then fickle blaze, then jolt of many (malo somewhere in there also). Jolt of many is...awesome. I think I had a 70k nuke last night. Also, my warrior died a few times, which normally means a wipe for me and boxing...not with my newly figured out mag pet. Killing named in Argoth where the mag takes 15% of the mobs life per nuke is...amazing.
  8. Rowlen Journeyman

Yes, rumbling servant takes a lot of hits from your normal pet, so recasting as quick as possible is very good during named kills.

And you can try to take earth pet instead of air, which has a lot more hp and ac then the air pet. But it depends an level, with lvl 86 you already got a higher air pet, just try out which one is better. The AA "Suspended Minion" helps, with highest rank you can switch between two pets. If you have air nad earth pets with similar level, you better should use earth pets for difficult nameds.
  9. fransisco Augur

One thing to be careful about with earth pet is that its agro is abysmal.
    Once you get the twincast spell or the twincast AA, you can easily pull agro off the earth pet (When its using 2 agro swords) unless you are using silent casting AA.
  10. Nylrem Augur

Multibind your spells. Use rains at that level of AA. If trash lives 20 sec or more each whatever you’re killing, cast a RS on it as first spell. So, should be like: RS > fire rain > magic rain > bolt > fickle. Or swap the rains, whichever higher damage first.

If you don’t understand what a multibind is, search it. It is NOT making a macro.

Use spell Malo on named if tougher, adds fair more damage to magic rain.

Don’t save burn stuff for named, you leave a lot of unused DPS if not using FBO, robe clickies, circle of power,, etc when they are available.

You definitely can do better DPS if mana is not an issue. Multibinding will fix the mana unspent problem :). Once you get your first Spear, it will be time to actively obtain mana pres and returning gear and Augs...

Start doing the WK HAs asap... that stupid mana pres aug, which you forever use, is a real pain to get... been trying for it for my Druid bot, have done at least 50 HAs, and still not got it yet :(. Rare drop from a rare spawn, that only spawns in HAs from WK... what a pain...
  11. fransisco Augur

Aside from the WK augment (evocation) you will also want the bixie warfront aug (conjuration) for your gargoyals. That one is also horrible to get.

Nylrem raises a good point - your burn abilities (heart of flames, elemental union, host of the elements, twincast, improved twincast, furious burnout, ect).
    Don't sit on these waiting for a named, because you spend 99% of your playtime not using them.
    Rotate through them as soon as they pop. That way your always killing faster.
  12. tnot Elder

Switch to water pet, use the Push AA to position it behind the mob on pull if it's not tanking.

Use frigid paradox, it's a summon able clicky nuke that you can use between cast refresh. Force of elements aa, same thing, click it between refresh.

So you'll want to do something like this.

If you're pulling, pull with Malo, if not, open with a Servant pet.
    Then AA Malo
    Bolt (Spell)
    Frigid paradox clicky nuke during refresh.
    Deluge of thunderbolts (Spell)
    AA force of elements during refresh.
    Rain of Molten Scoria (Spell)

Burning is

First spire
    Heart of flames
    Elemental Union
    Improved twin cast
    Silent casting

Spear ( 85 )
    Spear ( 80 )
    Bolt ( 86 )

Using the same clickies ( paradox and force of elements ) between spell castings.

Whether ' Of many' is useful depends on the amount of pets you can put on the mob.

Repeat.

Might wanna use servants, couldn't tell ya what they parse at on those levels and whether they'll outperform your nukes with activated burn AAs, at higher levels the nukes out-perform servants on burns.