Heroic Dexterity on early expansions TLP.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nodontcarekkthxbye, Jun 3, 2019.

1. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Just wondering how much an increase heroic dexterity can give to overall melee dps
    .On earlier expansions we see it in(pop ldon god)I see the items have 1 to 4 per. How much of a difference do these small amounts actually make on dps?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Heroic Dex's benefit to accuracy is a drastic difference in DPS. Enough so that as long as you are keeping your attack stat maxed you should be going for hDEX in every available slot that has it until you hit the softcap of 38. This likely won't be feasible until Omens of War but every point you pick up along the way is worth it.

Don't neglect the other heroic stats though (except Strength, Strength sucks), int/wis will help you survive AEs and dead DPS is zero DPS. Stamina/Agi will help on AE ramp fights for similar reasons.
  3. Dartan Weeple New Member

Hail Bobby B ~! It is I Gnome King Dartan Weeple~!

Heroic Strength gives you one extra attack over worn cap per Point and for every 10 heroic Strength you receive 1 damage at the end of your initial round, which not mitigated!
  4. Dartan Weeple New Member

!slots
    !frogflip
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Heroic Dex itself does very little for DPS

The Mod 2s gained from Hdex are a big deal. Accuracy is a big deal, Combat effects can be a big deal depending on your weapons/augs.
    Accuracy is a versus stat check against the Avoidance AC of the target you're swinging against. Because you can only hit 100% of the time increasing Accuracy will have diminishing returns. The amount of value each class will get from accuracy is a little different because of this. But to give you a rough % value against raid bosses during PoP my 65 Ranger was getting about 8% more hits from 30Hdex(max Rangers can get) and about 10% during GoD with 38HDex.

+100 combat effects in GoD+ will increase your proc rate about 40% vs the standard proc rate+weapon affinity.
  6. yerm Augur

That extra damage is added at the end and therefore about as close to minimal or statistically irrelevant as a stat could be. I'd argue the increased carrying capacity of overcapping the attribute is more meaningful than the 1dmg/10hstr. You are basically just taking this stat for a small incremintal stat increase, which is way way lower than hdex which as noted above my post increases accuracy and procs etc by a measurably significant amount until the softcaps.
  7. Dartan Weeple New Member

Absolutely, I'm not suggesting anything against Heroic dexterity. I am pointing out that Heroic Strength is far from worthless. it raises sustained damage, and it is far from minuscule increases
  8. Jaera Augur

Heroic strength is good in earlier expansions before SoF, when you can hit break points. For example, quarm cloak plus aten neck will give you 10 heroic strength, and additional damage when the range of melee damage is small is a big benefit.

By the time you can really stack it in SoF, its no longer as good.

Regardless, heroic dex is always good for any kind of melee of tank class. Every 25 points is additional parry and riposte chance, and every point of dexterity (regular or heroic) is a miniscule amount of crit that is then multiplied by all your modifiers.
  9. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Ok, thanks for the answers. My problem now is that someone posted a link to a 2012 patch where hdex was switched to just ranged attacks, and removed from affecting melee. Was this changed back?
  10. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The teleportation crystal at the outpost in Jaggedpine Forest should now send you back to Surefall Glade.
    - Changed the "Return Home" time to 18 minutes since the last time you logged in. Previously you had to wait 6 hours to use this button. Now it's set to the same time as Origin without any use of the hastened AAs.
    - Fixed an error that was causing certain plate armor types to appear as chain. They should now correctly appear as plate.
    - Fixed some display problems on armor with Velious textures.
    - Heroic Dexterity will no longer incorrectly affect all damage types. It should now affect ranged damage only.
    - Fixed several sources of client crashes.
    - Improved our internal logging for client crashes. Players can now choose to add additional information about what they were doing when they crashed.
    - Character transfers that fail will now inform you of the reason why they failed in most cases.

- "Heroic Dexterity will no longer incorrectly affect all damage types. It should now affect ranged damage only"
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Heroic Dex didn't even give mod2s back then. So no this doesn't effect what i'm talking about.
    My assumption is Hdex used to give melee atk like Hstr does and it doesn't anymore. But that would/should apply to all overcapped dex for ranged and overcapped strength for melee. It also would be negligible until you could get 100s of it. So not relevant when items have only a couple of Hdex on them.
  12. Dartan Weeple New Member

When Heroic Dexterity came out initially. It influenced Critical rating with a small damage component. Several years later they changed Heroic Dexterity so it is just a mirror of base Dexterity with the added Modifiers that used to come on items as a Stat I.E. Accuracy/Combat Effects
  13. Dartan Weeple New Member

What this change is implying is the added damage it gave to Ranged damge. It was influencing all skills. Heroic Dexterity originally greatly increased ranged damage, However it wasn't coded correctly as you can see from those patch notes. The enhanced critical rating wasn't altered
  14. Dartan Weeple New Member

It was similar to Heroic Strength, as far as giving 1 non mitigated damage per ever 4 Heroic Dexterity. Heroic Strength is the only Heroic that gave 1 attack per HStr. It also gave 1 point of damage per every 4 Heroic Strength. However that has been changed to every 10 now
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The amount of ATK gives per strength is actually like .7 and hDex definitely gives the same ATK to archery and throwing attacks.
  16. Dartan Weeple New Member

For me it gives a 1/1 ratio

I'll go retest .7 now to make sure.
  17. Dartan Weeple New Member

Could you give your reference or parse data for this? On live/TLP and Test I am receiving 1/1 ratio unless you're referring to a diminishing returns on attack, in which I don't believe there is one. The only thing that adds variables to attack RNG enhancer is the level, and particular AC values per target
  18. Dartan Weeple New Member

As far as the Heroic dexterity and chance to land hits. Dexterity has always had this component attached to it, as well as Critical rating increase, so this is nothing new. Dexterity, however does not raise your chance ti deal more damage through worn attacks RNG enhance.

Rangers, and any throwing skill might gain an slight advantage with a small gain in ranged attacks though dexterity I have never invested much time in this portion of the game as I have been a rogue for over 20 years now.