Heroic Cleric Guide

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Crystilla, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Crystilla Augur

Apologies for not posting this before but I wanted to get a little bit more of the guide done before giving a public link to it. It's still a work in progress so I'd love to hear what else people have questions/comments about. Please PM me.

Heroic Characters: You made a cleric, now what do you do

Currently this guide contains the following information:
    • Step 1, 2, 3: What to do the first few moments you made your character (what rewards to claim, where to put the currency, what windows you can close, etc.)
    • Step 4: Fixing your UI - this as a few posts as follows
      • Step 4 on the thread above.
      • UI - don't be a stranger - this discusses what all is on your screen, what each thing does or is capable of doing and gives suggestions of where each custom UI piece can be found and some samples to show you popular pieces.
      • Extended target window - how to use it - this outlines the best ways I've seen/heard discussed on how to use it for grouping and raiding
    • Step 5: Spell discussion of what appears on your spell bar, which spells you should really use on your spell bar, how to save spell sets and more.
    • Step 6: AA discussion of which are automatically selected for you, how to get more hotkey bars up, which other activated AA's you may want to select and more.
    • Step 7: Discussion on leveling or AA'ing
    Steps still in progress (as of this post) for writing are:
    • Step 8: Learning about your gear, what clickies are, which you have that are important and what focii do you want to make sure you upgrade as you level. Special attention will be paid to rings as that's the biggest error/mistake I see made even with experienced clerics (they accidentally get rid of one of our two focii that are only on rings).
    • Step 9: What tasks should you do right away.
    • Step 10: What items should you try to obtain in game
    Quatr, Zaxamaphone and CrazyLarth like this.
  2. fransisco Augur

bump

Since eqclerics is now non-existant, does anyone have a working link?