Heroic Characters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leigo, May 19, 2019.

1. Leigo You come here often?

I know this horse has been beat to death, but why not up the level of the heroic character?
    I know memory is an issue with creating "new" items. There's no need for that, there is an existing command that buffs character's to a level and grants the gear for said level. /betabuff could be added to the live servers without the command itself.
    Buying a Heroic character token could give you the option to pick a level from 85-100 in sets of 5 and give the existing gear for the expansion that level was released.
    Sure why have the level spread.. Just an option, could just bump them to 100 and let the character get a set of T1 RoF gear.
    I understand this would also take some work, but wouldn't take up extra memory by making Heroic gear. Just a thought, would be curious if any Dev would like to chime in. I know I would buy this for more then 1 character.

What does the community think?
  2. Aurastrider Augur

The devs have already chimed in stating it would come at the cost of a new zone in the next expansion but they did not give any more details about the work end of things for making said new heroics. I assume they were factoring in the gear, UI, and all of the other things that came with the original HCs. I think a better option if feasible and not time intensive would be to just have a HC level booster. Only a HC can purchase said item and consuming it would instantly grant them level x. No added gear, quests, or any other things that would require developer time.

Simply give struggling players levels and let them buy their gear from the bazaar or go farm upgrades. Its not a perfect solution but it would at least get some players over that hump and closer to the end game crowd to maybe nab some rots and stuff to gear their toons and potentially find some groups. The plus side for DBG is they could charge an extra fee for said level booster and make a little extra coin in the process while also hopefully retaining the players stuck in level limbo who eventually quit out of frustration.
    Icaen likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I just recently had a player come back after several years starting over on a new account and within a couple months has one toon at level 110 and another level 90 ish.

If you just want another alt leveled up I don't see any sense in devs spending time on heroics based on the effort they have said it will take.

If you are a returning player join a large casual guild and either get advice on zones to molo/solo in and level up from wherever you are at now or go heroic get to level 85 and do the same. In a large casual guild on the Live servers you will start to get some groups at 85 and definitely at level 90 ish.

People then say well if a complete heroic is too much just give us something to give us 10 more levels. The devs COULD add a token that adds no gear whatsoever and just adds 10 levels up to a max of 95. That way someone could buy a heroic and get to 85 then if they want to pay another 10 or 15 bucks they can go from 85 to 95. That lets the devs recoup the expense of adding the 10 level potion or option. Of course then people will cry that they thought they were getting gear upgrades too. Autogrant gives you your aa.

Anyway the above solution lets those with cash to burn to get to level 95. If we got a level increase next expansion maybe it could be a 15 level upgrade. Personally I think its better just get a good casual guild and level up but each to their own.

Now another reason DBG may not want to do this is Free to Play toons. They may figure they make more money from people going all access every so often to get aa then to have them pay one fee one all access month. I don't have the data to be able to tell which would be more profitable.
  4. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

You could even sell a Empires of Kunark Booster Pack for $49.95 that includes:

• Level 85 Heroic Character
    • 3 10 Dose Dizok Ceremonial Exp Potions (200% exp for 30 mins per dose)
    • Wand of the Dizok that grants EoTD quest progression upon completion of Level 105. Just right click the wand kiddies.
    ... or something like that. Yes it is a shortcut. Yes it is like "ghetto heroic character" of some level higher than 85 based on how many friends you have and how much you don't suck at EQ. Suck less, more friends equal higher end level and closer to clicky on wand. After all, don't want to give everything to everyone with no work at all.
  5. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

And if you want more.... buy a couple kronos, feed it to your local power leveler and I can almost guarantee at least level 106 well before the exp pots run out. But that's a bit more $$$ out of your pocket and into Daybreak's for the ultimate in easy.

See Daybreak...I'm almost making you 100$ per unit on this little trek we've embarked on.
  6. Allayna Augur

GMM is amazing xp. Heroic a toon, level from 85-95 and then do GMM, no need to increase heroic toons, if you're returning to game you need that time to learn discs/skills/aas/spells etc.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and code-zero like this.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Might as well, and in the process get a leg up on your 110 gear.
    Allayna likes this.
  8. SubEffect An Original Lord of Fizzle and Whiff

Pretty much this. Honestly, as someone that has hero'd about 10 characters, PL'd some of them, and naturally progressed others, I feel the starting point is perfect. I'd rather have new content and it cost me 2 weeks of getting to 95 (casually playing the new hero'd character) than hero'ing to 95 or 100.
    Yinla and Allayna like this.
  9. Leigo You come here often?

I feel the heroic should be bumped to at least 95, I don't do much in GMM but hear it's good xp. Awesome! but a 85 can't do GMM. 95 is reasonable, still 15 levels under current max and offers plenty of time to "learn" a class if you have not played it before. Like I said in my 1st post, I'm not wanting the Dev's to put a massive amount of time into it and yes I saw the post saying all the work would cost us a zone etc, just a level bump. I dont care about the gear, that's easy enough to come by with plenty of rotting loot in the game.
  10. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Well, quite while ago, I suggested they sell Hero Level Increment choices for DBCash as a means to augment Sporadic Players or Players that do not have the time or patience to be "Hard Core" any longer.

I think Heroic is 3500 DB Cash for Level "any" to 85, let us assume Level 0 to 85. That would be 41.176 DBCash per level. Now if I have a Heroic 85 that has been passed by and want to get to say 100, that would be 15 levels. or DBCash 617.647.

Now lets back up and change the Per Level to DBCash 45, that makes the 15 levels DBCash 675.
  11. Gio-Cefalu Augur

This is a really awesome option. It would require very little work from the Dev standpoint, would generate some additional revenue, even if it were only $10 for level 95 heroic toon (and would only work on a heroic character as you stated).
    Leigo likes this.