Heroic Characters Begin Their Adventures in Norrath on March 12

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Yes, this race change option will be available to players through the Marketplace.
    Tharrg likes this.
  2. yar_seyer New Member

I really want to thank SOE for doing this.

I’ve been playing on and off since 99 and I simply just do not have the time to level and score thousands of AAs to get up to speed. I got to a point where I stopped playing different characters to focus on only one toon and then it just became a grind with no time to actually enjoy playing. *sigh*

More kudos on the ability to up-level an existing character to heroic levels! I have a number of characters that I am attached to (and have contributed the Vet AA benefits).
    Cazmac likes this.
  3. Draego Augur

Gold Accounts can have up to a max of 16 characters (within certain applying and mitigating factors, otherwise the max count is 14)

I do not see the following as a violation of any of the SOE forum policies, so I will paste a response to a in game petition question I asked and the response given by a GM on the matter.

My question:
    GM Accapelo the Metalhead response
  4. McDougal Augur

Will your existing non-heroic characters have access to these new J5 merc quests?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and sula like this.
  5. Draego Augur

I just find it ROFLMFAO hilarious how many "NEW MEMBER" accts keep popping up by the week to get their /rant on about stuff tha SOE has already decided to make happen and will not be detered in making it happen.

OK so that 2k SC thing SOE got their rumps handed to them by the dramatic influx of 2000 "NEW MEMBER" accts all of a sudden flooding not only the EQ forums but nearly each and every other forum as well.

However in this matter it is already set in stone. The only people any of these complaints are griefing are the people making them.
  6. Harabakc Augur

Long time players don't always have active forum accounts. Until you're on the forum itself you'll show up as a new member. With all the recent changes, it's not much of a surprise they're getting people signing up to raise hell.
    Cazmac likes this.
  7. Tyranthin Journeyman

This may seem silly, but I would actually prefer to opt out of the AA auto-grant if I choose to upgrade characters to heroic status. Is this possible?

If the DoN progression and MPG trial completion credit are part of the auto-grant, I may have to reconsider this position, though.
  8. Nytestalker New Member

To opt out of auto grant all you have to do is turn the option off, same button that you used to auto grant,
  9. Tyranthin Journeyman

Fair enough. I thought that upgrading a character to heroic status might automatically grant the AAs. Good news!
  10. Kolani Augur

I note that they're not equipped, but are auguments included or not?
  11. Kucaniz Master

If I have both an account that was created after November 8th and one that was created before, will I be able to claim one on the account that was created after Nov 8th and then claim one on my main account?
  12. Nytestalker New Member

Oh, think I misunderstood your question. I think that the AAs are part of the heroic char. as a package deal.
  13. Shimmerleaf Augur

I just checked the account info for this account - no indication of heroic characters and such. Am I looking in the wrong place? I had read in the test update thread that folks were able to view their heroic char entitlements already?
  14. Draego Augur

HEY ROSHEN

Kinda an important question here, especially since the scenario that just played out in my mind made me fall out of my chair laughing so hard.......

Will these "Heroic" characters have a full complement of combat skills pre-built into them?
    Eaxmple from a current lvl 85 (shelved toon, I have had for years)
    85 Druid:
    1HB 325/325
    Abjuration 339/340
    Alteration 340/340
    Conjuration 340/340
    Defense 304/305
    Dodge 355/355
    Evocation 340/340

Since nothing has remotely been mentioned about this so far, I envisioned a "Heroic" EQ world where no one could cast spells or land a hit on a Light Blue mob, and dieing repeatedly. After that I just couldn't stop laughing.

So could you please give us a definitive answer?

EDIT:
    HEY BATTUH, BATTUH, BATTUH ------ SWING BATTUH --------- (and the entire EQ community feels the breeze of the MISSED SWING)
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just made a heroic druid on test and all skills but language and tradeskills where maxed, languages where at 50 and tradeskills where at 25 with fishing at 10
    Leerah and Cazmac like this.
  16. Draego Augur

Well that settles that, thanks
  17. Tallor Lorekeeper

Tarrin has a good point. As much as I would *love* to continue my EQ journey where it left off in 2006 ish, the rules of the game changed too much to do so; and I'd have no one to group with to level my main character (Paladin).

Very interesting move, SOE, and one that I think those of us who paid our dues (8,000 hours logged, here) will find quite tempting. I prefer a progessive server structure to enable players to play at their own pace 24/7. That was only possible at three points in history (1) when the content was current, (2) during progression 2006 launch, and (3) during progression 2011 launch.

Since I'm not getting my prog server structure, this seems like an interesting alternative. I could start a level 85 character and pretend that my other main character was busy in Norrath during my absense.
    Cazmac, Elricvonclief and Draego like this.
  18. Tallor Lorekeeper

Don't be like that. You have much to be proud of, and memories and stories and friends a plenty. This insta level 85 thing is limited time only and can only serve to bring players to the game, some new, some old. It doesn't diminish your accomplishments any more than someone driving a car 26.2 miles can diminish that of a marathon runner.
    Tharrg and Cazmac like this.
  19. Aangus New Member

When they did the server that started everyone at 51 all skills were maxxed, so I would guess these will be at max skill in everything non tradeskill related for an 85 toon.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The heroic character option is not a time limited option. What is time limited is the ability to get a free one.