Heroic Characters Begin Their Adventures in Norrath on March 12

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Xirtket Augur

Ahh nice, maybe now I'll try out some classes I haven't played yet, I'de pay extra for lvl 100 though!
  2. Caray Journeyman

Aww man you gotta be kidding me, I just recently made a monk and woulda loved a frog. Guess I could always wait and let my SC build up and buy a race change.:(
  3. Gnorbert1966 New Member

10 years taking my time getting a rogue to 85 playing every other month or so and now you can have you very own for zero effort and a bat load of aa's too. For some EQ ended long ago but I was there for the world. The sights and sounds coupled with a role play state of mind and I was good to go. I was always a fantasy genre nut. I've had a few comrades along the way but they have long since vanished so I guess its time for me to do the same. Shadow Dveras of Vazaelle formerly known as Garex will die a quick death after having backstabbed an as yet unknown creature far beyond his abilities and then slowly decay as he is left where he fell. If you pass him in some darkened dungeon before his final journey to Shadowrest do what you will. Scoff, spit, laugh or salute. He will be far beyond caring.
  4. ggny New Member

Thanks for this SOE. Ive been wanting to return to my first love EQ for awhile now and this is the perfect way.
  5. code-zero Augur

I really don't know what you're going on about....so when this 85 Rogue of yours goes running by and someone does an inspection do you have a message in there that you took 10 years to get there? Do you think that'll impress anyone?

Did you have fun during that time? That's the big thing. And if you did then how does Heroic Characters in any way travel back in time to erase all that fun?
    Jent likes this.
  6. Asgaeroth New Member

Just because you enjoy grinding from level 1 doesn't mean everyone does. Heroic characters don't stop you from being able to do so. You saying me grabbing a heroic character ruins your fun is the same as me saying you rolling a level 1 ruins my fun. Otherwise known as complete reactionary nonsense.

And how exactly did you get your spells without ever having been given them for the first time? Did you enter some time paradox and learn the spells in the future and then travel to the past to already know how to use them when you first got them? You got your spells for the first time too at some point in time. Your statement is very poorly thought out.

SOE just beta tested heroic characters on EQ2. A whole bunch of people made a similar post as yours. Know what actually happened in game? The level 85 zones lit up with activity for a few weeks and a couple new people joined the game and stuck around. Big deal, get over it.
  7. Sinsu New Member

So ok..GOOD QUESTION HERE. I pay... yes PAY for 2 gold accts. What is this thing about 1 per household? HUH.... if i PAY for 2... I WANT 2......... am i still able to get 1 free on both of my accts? I HAD BETTER BE!
  8. Savager Augur

If you upgrade a character to a heroic character, do they lose everything that they have and are just replaced by the heroic character with the same name? Or do they keep what they have in the bank and their bags and are just levelled up and given additional armor?
    Cazmac likes this.
  9. Redman New Member

I agree with this.
  10. Xoremus New Member

Honestly ..ok I understand that a good portion of us have accounts older than some of the players on EQ But for the new folks that just started, What is the fun in buying your way to 85...If you want easy go play World of Rage quitting ten year olds..I mean really it just aggravates me that people are so lazy they cant level there own damn toons, and the fact that Sony thinks its a great idea...Its only great for the fact that Sony makes more money...Same thing they did with Krono...they certainly figured out a way around selling PP to people...
  11. genaro44 Lorekeeper

They keep everything. (With the caveat that this answer is based on how it currently works on Test.) Great way to get DoN/MPG/J5 for those poor neglected alts.
    Cazmac likes this.
  12. Tarrin Augur

If there was an active player base of all level ranges to group with, I would agree.

I see nothing special about having a person having their tank merc PL them to 60, then be LFG all day hoping the other 3 people in your level range log on at the same time for a group.
    Jent, Vizier, Draego and 2 others like this.
  13. genaro44 Lorekeeper

Not sure what happens to the specialization skill of higher level toons though, apparently that's chosen for you as a heroic character. Better ask an enchanter.
  14. Schadenfreude Augur

Mmm gotta get me some of that sweet, sweet paypal.
    Sinestra likes this.
  15. Roshen Brand Manager

Yes, you can upgrade an existing character. A reward window will pop up that lets you pick up your Heroic Supplies. You will need space in your inventory as you pick up these rewards, but the window will prompt you to clear space if you don't.

Level appropriate gear to start your adventures in Norrath. I won't be able to list it all, but I'll take a few screenshots to give you some examples in just a moment.

On live Heroic Characters will receive both Platinum and Bayle Marks.

Yes. During the trial period you will be able to try out different classes. Please note that some rewards (like Platinum that a Heroic Character starts with) will ONLY be for the first Heroic Character you create during the free trial.

Additional Heroic Characters you pay Station Cash for will start with Platinum.

Heroic Characters will receive the full AA Auto-Grant, even if that player doesn't have a membership.

If these accounts were created before Nov 8th, 2013 you will be able to receive one free Heroic Character on all of them, as long as you claim them between Wednesday, March 12 and Wednesday, March 26, 2014.

Characters that are updated to Heroic Characters will keep everyone that's on them. They'll be offered additional rewards to get the mount, gear, etc.
  16. Risiko Augur

1. How does this work on the Test server?
    2. Is this already in effect on the Test server?
    3. Is there any cost for Heroic Characters on the Test server?
    I'd like to go test out classes on the Test server before next Wednesday if it is free and ready this weekend.
  17. Marshall Maathers Augur

^ Yes, they are already there and free on Test
    Cazmac likes this.
  18. Nytestalker New Member

Sounds great for returning players, will vet AAs be available if you have already used your limit?
    Leerah and Cazmac like this.
  19. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

While I can't list all of the gear and all of the stats that every Heroic Character class starts with, this should give you an idea for the power level of items that Heroic Characters start with.
    sula likes this.
  20. Missbow New Member

Will I be able to race change my already level 91 beastlord to a wood elf on the 12th as well?