Heroic Characters Begin Their Adventures in Norrath on March 12

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Tarrin Augur

Stop pretending that there are all these goblin training groups in Highkeep right now to begin with.
  2. Mims Augur

So...I created a brand new heroic character on a brand new server. I have all these goodies, and a merc to boot. Then I see that my merc is about to be suspended for lack of funds. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but you gave us all this and not one single platinum? I can't buy a thing, and can't use the merc.
  3. Zugbuzz Journeyman

Try the loyalty merchant for bags of plat
  4. Smallpox Augur

5. Siluett New Member

I was trained i HHK, I had full PoH armor on my bard before kunark, I was trained in seb, I got my epic . I got all my primals in sleepers, I was in PoTime before the next expansion and so on.... but I have a lv 70 char with 430 AAs as highest and lv 38 on my second gold account.

I will make em heroic and maybe catch up and play hi end again and sit around and talk about EC tunneltraiding, gettin trained with emp crush and 10hour corpseruns in PoFear.

I love this patch :)
    Trezore, Fishlips_Jones and Reht like this.
  6. Mims Augur

Good idea. Thanks
  7. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

This is a good question. Will we all be granted an extra character slot or will we be forced to delete an existing toon?
  8. Smallpox Augur

You can buy more character slots with Loyalty, or Marketplace.
  9. Manr New Member

You will most likely be forced to delete a toon. SoE is not about giving things away for free, except for the money they lose out on due to people selling plat in-game for paypal. They don't care about that. They love giving away potential income. They only care if you are buying Krono for your boxes.
  10. Rolli New Member

all that rage - but consider you can upgrade any toon to a heroic toon. Unless you have 8/8 max level chars i suppose
    Elricvonclief and Sinestra like this.
  11. Smallpox Augur

Man, you are just full of piss and vinegar.
  12. genaro44 Lorekeeper

The gear comes as a handful of quest rewards. So if you don't have room, there's time to make some. If you have no interest in a free heroic character, perhaps you have an alt that could use MPG / DoN / quick J5 progression.

Keep in mind, if you upgrade an existing character, that'll be your free heroic character, unless you delete it. There is no revert button. Making them from scratch has the benefit of being able to remake / delete until you decide.
  13. Kinadorm Augur

If you have an account from before Nov 2013 will you be able to create a free heroic character after March 26, 2014 or is March 26, 2014 the end of all free Heroic Character creation for everyone?
  14. Smallpox Augur

So if I am understanding you correctly....
    If you create a new toon (ie: level 1), you can "Heroic" it to 85. Then, if you do not like it, you can delete it to get a heroic slot back again?
  15. genaro44 Lorekeeper

They won't. But they WILL have great tales of being trained in the new newbie zone, Feerott2. Bunch of people (level 85 or not) trying out new classes for the first time, screwing up, dying, learning, how is that not in the spirit of EverQuest? Place is hopping, even on Test. I zoned in and had a partner to do the J5 merc task without even LFG, and a group to level up with after getting my shiny new merc.
    Cazmac and Sinestra like this.
  16. Rolli New Member

Looks most likely its only free for a limited time (12th -26th march)
  17. code-zero Augur

I'm pretty sure that's not the way it works and that you get to make only one free Heroic character. I suppose if you wanted to spend 3500SC and then delete then you could but that doesn't sound like a good idea to me
  18. genaro44 Lorekeeper

I was given the impression by a dev in Test general chat that this option is time limited, so perhaps someone should clarify officially, but yes. I've done it several times so far.
  19. Xirtket Augur

Do heroic characters come with the AA's already auto granted? or is that option still selectable? or not available at all on a heroic character?
  20. Rolli New Member

They come autogranted already - so usually anywhere between 4k-5.5k depending on class