Heroic Characters Begin Their Adventures in Norrath on March 12

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 7, 2014.

1. hudspeth New Member

Anyone else not able to upgrade to a heroic character? My wife and I are on silver accounts and wanted to take advantage of this Heroic character upgrade for alts. We don't seem to have the option. My account was created in 2001, and hers 2004. We have both been active on and off since then. No upgrade to heroic character option on character select screen :(
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Mine says I can upgrade, but I'm not interested in Heroic Chars,

I just want to make my Frog Monk in Rathe Mountains, hugely disappointed at the moment
  3. Gythlen Augur

You know, there are other reasons people can get a level 85 HC.

Like in EQ2. I did it because I deleted my characters as I didn't want to play anymore. But situations and times changed (I originally had a level 95 Inquisitor and Guardian there) and dear friends asked me to come back.

So I did, bought the level 85 HC for Guard and Inq, and since I KNEW how to play the class, I was able to skip 85 levels of grinding out things so I could jump in and play like I did before.

For returning people who have made it quite far, this can be a great idea! Get them back ito the game with alot they do know/remember and back into playing with friends and family.

People just focus on ONE thing ,... about boxers abusing this or new players hopping to 85 with no idea what they do.

If a person that boxes wants to do it, good for them. It doesn't bother me one bit (and I've heard the argument about boxers and mercs and whatever ad nauseum so no need to rehash it). And those new new players? They'll be figured out quick, I promise you.
  4. Rolli New Member

Have you made one on test in the past week or so? if so load into test and delete the heroic char there
  5. hudspeth New Member

Problem solved, had to delete the toon i made yesterday, then remake it today and log in then back out and I have the option now! Great success! now choice time....
  6. Yumini New Member

Actually i deleted my test one just a few minutes ago and when i redid it on live i was able to get the 15k plat and the 100 bayle marks
  7. Rolli New Member

so did i :) too quick to judge sometimes i am haha
  8. Gythlen Augur

Will you be fixing the quests in The Mountains of Rathe then Roshen?

I'm not trying to be rude about it, but all the other GMs in The Mountains of Rathe are broken when it comes to giving out the newbie armor for their class.

Here is an example: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2349

This is for the froglok warrior newb armor quest (which quests can be found in all cities). See that last line there? "If you plan on following the path of a [Shaman], I have some tasks for you to complete, if it suits your interest."

That last line is the trigger for the newbie armor. Guess what. It was removed. (I know this as I created a froglok shaman who started there and tried to get it). So anybody who has a froglok (either starting there or later) can never get the quests done. So in essence, if you are a froglok and want your race/class newb armor, you are ... well .. you know (which I can't type here /wink).

Same as other quests there. The NPCs don't even exist!! Heck even old quests in Qeynos and Freeport from inception are still around! Yet this zone is broken.

Why I do not think GM for Monks should be in The Mountains of Rathe in that camp until SoE fixes what they broke when they moved the frogloks there. It's only fair. Especially if you guys decide to give them newb armor quests and the others are broken.
  9. Manimal New Member

hey thanks for that suggestion it worked :) i was all upset for a few minutes
  10. Leerah Augur

The sweetened gummibears in the bank made me smile.

Could backpacks be made Heirloom? I have this OCD thing about them matching. Or maybe we need a spell that can transform bag shapes! :)\

Anyway, thanks for the characters. I'm pleased.
  11. A A ron New Member

so....new account cannot make heroic characters? This is a new account and i do not have the option...
  12. Leerah Augur

Maybe on reboot. Should be one per IP . Did you already make one on another new account?
  13. Skyelar New Member

Really poor design of a mount, if you ask me. You constantly look like you're leaning way back on it. And why a raptor?
  14. Leerah Augur

That might change. I remember when we all bought drogs because the horse model had ears sticking up in our way!
    Delyth Treekycker likes this.
  15. Gythlen Augur

OMG I remember that! Haha!
  16. Dokbur New Member

Hello. I made a new Froglok Monk,heroic char. i can not get the heroic quest.the quest is broken or SOE actually hates frogs. Also are there no quests for the Frogloks in rathe. i went there and the GM does not offer any kind of quests . he just says read his book.
  17. Gythlen Augur

Pretty much all of the quests in Rathe Mtns broke after SoE moved the froglok from Grobb to there. Which was something i was afraid of, as I posted before.

*sighs*
    Leerah likes this.
  18. Gythlen Augur

here is the reason why you can't start a Monk in Rathe Mtns:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/frogs-monks-bugged.208932/#post-3064296

I am quite annoyed at this, because they are essentially telling us where we can or cannot start. Because one can do the Hero's Journey just fine no matter your Origin city!
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You and me both, I'm torn now between making an Iksar monk or a frog of another class, not sure which I want more! Either way I will NEVER have another toon start in Crescent Reach unless is is a Drakkin.

I've purchased the extra char slot especially so I may as well make something new.
  20. Karthanon Augur

Found out today. My wife's account did NOT take into account when she started her Station account (back when Freerealms was released) but when she enabled it for EQ (March 8th). Just in case anyone else had the same question.