Heroic Character Recommendation (Melee)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Killbo, Jun 23, 2022 at 1:27 PM.

1. Killbo New Member

Hello,

I am an oldschool player returning from circa 2000. I have played Live and TLPs off and on but haven't really committed.

So far, I'm enjoying playing on FV with a Monk on a paid account and boxing a Bard and Shaman on free accounts. I'm around level 55 on all characters. I know the grind is going to slow down a lot, but it's kind of fun playing the game like it's a party RPG and going through dungeons I never got to do back in the day or haven't done in a long time.

That all being said, I mostly enjoy melees in EQ and am looking for opinions on viability and fun factor with melee characters at end game, since at this point, I kind of want to skip a good chunk of the grind.

My current options are Monk, Berserker, Warrior, or Bard. I know that there's some difference in the roles there, but again, looking at viability and fun at endgame.
  2. CatsPaws Devil's Advocate

Lots of folks overlook Rangers. We are pretty good tanks and have some other cool things. Headshot is not that great till level 85 and up. I like my current Ranger, Enchanter, Beast. And they have healer, tank and melee on mercs.

Love going back in old zones and getting back at SHADOW HUNTER:mad: and numerous other irritants of old.
  3. Korwiin New Member

I'm in the same boat as you... returning player from 2004,. multi boxing. I am a believer that Shadow Knights are the best group tank. Add a mercenary healer to your party and you have a solid boxing group. The AI behind the mercenaries seems pretty solid.
  4. Burdi Augur

The game is easier, if you have a tank, a healer and crowd controller.
    That said, I usually tank with a ranger (sic), heal with a shaman, and blast with a wizard.
    Just because i enjoy playing the toons.
    Having fun with the game is important too.