Heroic character question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Aazazel, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Aazazel New Member

Returning player with several old toons

My question is about level 85+ with a heroic character. I’ve played some with an old undergeared 55 shaman with a j1 tank merc. Been doing hot zones and its cake and awesome exp. I have two p2p account atm and one of them had my old main an 85 necro, so I used a heroic upgrade on the other account and got a warrior. Using the war with a j1 healer and the necro with a j1 dps merc, I went the the hot zone the old blood fields. So far it’s been brutal. My war with 40k hp gets nailed with 3500hp hits and it drains most of the healers mana with the necro and merc dpsing just to get down one mob. Also exp went from almost 3% a kill with the sham to about .3% a kill with these guys. Does this sound right or am I doing something really wrong?

Thanks for any advice
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did you go do any of the Heroic character aug quests? Anyone can do these but the Heroic characters get nice augs as a reward also. The quests are in Feerrot. You will have to look them up on Allah - it says:
    Altogether there were 19 30AC augs, 1 35AC aug(shield) plus 2 +6 dmg augs(one prestige, one non-prestige, maybe the prestige was a random drop) out of 20 solo tasks in HOT and Feerrott covering all slots.

So its confusing but how many paid accounts do you have with level 85 or higher characters? Go to Feerrot again on those characters and do the No Heroism Without Fear quest which will get you the J5 mercs which will make a huge improvement. It should already be in your quest window on your heroic characters.

Edit actually found a list of those augs and there are some in HOT too
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...fo-for-heroic-augs-in-hot-lower-house.250505/

But what I am saying is if your not geared up and auged up then yeah your normal zones for your level will be harder.
  3. Aazazel New Member

Thanks for the input. I have two paid accounts one with the heroic war I just created and one with my old main. I’ll try to do the aug quests and j5 merc one. Should those be possible with the group I’m running? Thanks again
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Instead of auging up 9xx HME gear that heroics start with, personally I would move to level 85 required 12XX (1200-1299 Hitpoints Mana and Endurance, in gamespeak is 12XX HME for short) and ask a kindly mage to summon some augs for you to start with) Moving augs costs PP, 9XX base gear on heroics is adequate, but meh. For the same level 85 required those armor slots could be 300 ish points better and and the mage augs, well, they're summoned and easily replaced, simply destroy them for a 10 PP solvent and install any looted upgrades later or ask a mage to summon more.

Also, you didn't ask, but I'll tell you anyway. The clickie gear heroics start with (and most other clickie buff gear) has been converted to Alternate Advancement abilities and will give you a "Shadow:" buff icon. If you right click and hold the icon, it will say "This spell has no effect." The fist time you click each one, it wiill advance the Alternate Ability line to the rank given by yhe gear. After thay, you can remove the buff icon, a remnant of how they used to work (and clog up your effects window / block better buffs as there's a limit)
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Get the J5 merc on both paid accounts. Its super easy with path to each mob and other good hints right in the quest window. Takes at the most 20 minutes. Usually it is done solo but I often help others - just cause. :) You can run both your guys thru it at the same time. This way you can run a top level healer merc and a dps merc to help kill stuff. The healer merc should have no problem keeping you all alive so long as you don't pull too many at one time.

The augs will help your warrior stay alive too. All those augs for the Heroic character may not be top line but they are easy to get and at least they fill in slots. I don't see your warrior needing to many mana augs.

Once your more into the game you can research better augs and where to get them. I never found it too costly to switch them out. :)
  6. Aazazel New Member

got the j5s done, much better there. Where should I camp for the 12xx hp gear? Thanks again for the advice.