Heroic character or characters for buffs

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Rylic, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Rylic New Member

I played from 99 to 03. Came back 2 weeks ago. Recovered my account and rerolled my druid. I'm lvl 46 now. I'm wanting to get a heroic character for buffs and just general help. There were a couple characters that I always wanted to try out. So what character would be the best to get in terms of helping lvl my alts? Thanks in advance.

Rylic
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Remember that you can group to get experience with a character 50% (rounded up) higher level, max gap 30 levels. So you would need to be 57 for that - and any heroic would work at that point. Optimum rate of exp is killing dark blue up to low reds; there's no point in killing any higher. If the higher level is killing greys, then the lower level will get level experience, even if they have set 100% AA. That's the basics.

At low levels, a J1 tank merc does a fine job of levelling up any character, without any outside help. That starts to slow down in the 50 - 70 range, and is mostly worthless above that.

So that means an out of group buffer/healer (not cleric, because a healer merc can do that job in group), and therefore druid or shaman (or beastlord, ranger, paladin). Unattributed damage is also a good way to speed up the process - damage shields, druid or magician. Overall, I favour druid - damage shield for low levels, healing at any level, and ports.

If you want power levelling, that's a different thing, and most classes have their tricks to use unattributed damage or various forms of fade. But then you have the problem of levelling up skills, which (IMHO) is far worse than doing it the proper way.
  3. Rylic New Member

Thanks.
  4. Xanorak Lorekeeper

5. Rylic New Member

Lol I'm playing a druid
  6. Burstaf New Member

If you already have a druid, I'd suggest a heroic BST for PLing and Buffs.

47-57 you can use the BST to simply buff/heal the druid.

To speed up things you could no dmg(no weapons in hands for the BST) tank yellows/reds to the 47, while druid does some dmg.

Once your druid is 57 you can group for xp!
    Take a heroic 85 BST to a zone which has deep blue, yellow mobs to the 57 and just destroy that zone(BST melee + pet) Your druid will be 70+ in no time. I

You could also consider Enchanter or Shaman, or if you want a tank then SK or Pally. Pally would be a good choice.
  7. Drewit New Member

My main is a druid. I currently duo box the druid and an enchanter that was an heroic character. I consider her a real character now, lol. The druid uses a tank merc and the enchanter a healer merc. This combination has worked well for me and fits my style of play. The druid can help will healing when I take on a named mob or just nuke away on trash mobs. The enchanter does the slowing, mezzing, takes care of mana buffs, haste buffs and provide the tank with rune buffs when taking on named mobs. They can't nuke like the druid, but they do fine.

I also play the druid with a heroic shaman. Lots of good benefits with the shaman too, but I like always having the mana buffs from the enchanter. I just found always having a slower as part of my duo boxing is very helpful.

In the end, it is really up to you and your play style.

My two cents.
  8. Yimin Augur

Druid + any of the pet class is very nice , Mage being best since you will never travel faster around EQ the with Mage/Druid combo ...Plus can PL your Druid with Mage .....

Yi min
  9. Rylic New Member

Thanks so much