Heroic Adventures Guide?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rhodz, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Rhodz Augur

Since we were not around for the release of those expansions I am looking for a either a good guide on running them at various levels or some info.
    What levels may do them? 75, 85, 95 we have chars at each but currently running a pair at 82.
    Where the heck are they?
    Travel?
    The basics, attune etc
    Have all expansions except TBM.
    Some of the info out there is dated and is conflicting as it seems many changes have occurred since written.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

3. Darkark Augur

Hi Rhodz,

They're basically short quest lines you can run, available to anyone from level 75+. For example, you might have to kill X of some creature, loot Y of something else and hail Z.

You basically hail a relevant NPC, he gives you a Heroic Adventure and tells you how to get there (usually he or she can just port you straight into a zone instance that you can complete the quest inside of, but sometimes you might have to run a short distance to a zone line).

Do the quest, then at the end you get a big chunk of experience as the reward. This is in contrast to just randomly killing NPCs in open zones where you get experience per kill.

Some are easier than others, and most are fun (with the exception of the super simple ones, like the ones Gribble gives, or the TDS ones, they're a bit mindless). As you become familiar with certain ones, you'll get much quicker at completing them too, so don't get discouraged too quickly.

You should keep in mind these are designed with groups in mind. They're perfectly do-able with weak groups, but the further you stray from a full group (3 PCs and 3 Mercs are fine), the longer you can expect to take to finish them. A full group of 6 PCs normally destroys them.

Similar to the daily task Franklin Teek gives you in PoK, there are daily HAs you can do from Guard Hamarn in Ethernere Tainted West Karana (see CrazyLarth's link above). You'll get bonus experience for each one of his specific HAs you complete.

So ground zero for these things is Ethernere Tainted West Karana. It's the hub zone for the CotF expac, so it has portals to every other CotF zone (usable once you attune), has the daily HA guy, and a few HA NPCs too. To get there, there is a port available in the guild hall, or you can run: PoK -> Qeynos stone -> Qeynos Hills -> West Karana -> Ethernere.

To attune to each of the CotF zones, you just need to run to the zone the long way (use Allakhazam for zone connections, for example here is Bixie Warfront's zone connections, where you see Crescent Reach which you probably know how to get to), and then use the portal to zone to Ethernere to attune yourself to it.

I think that's it o_O
    Rhodz likes this.
  4. Gundolin Augur

They are in the Call of the Foresaken zones. The easiest one is in the Dead Hills and is given by Gribble. But with a group of six real PC I don't think any will prove too difficult. (I won't list all of them but you can use the links above or use Eqresource to look them up.

http://cotf.eqresource.com/questsnpcthedeadhills.php

The first time you travel to the Dead Hills you will need to attune by running through Gulf of Gunthak, then connecting to Dulak's Harbor, which will then connect you to the Dead Hills. After making the run to the Dead Hills I would HIGHLY recommend that you then attune to Ethernere Tainted West Karana (ETWK) by clicking on the mirror in DH to zone over. Otherwise you will have to do the Run through Gunthak again.

After you have attuned you have two options.
    1) Take the Portal in the Guild Lobby to ETWK run across ETWK to the Dead Hills (DH) and zone in. This is the shortest rout probably, however it is more dangerous for a level 83 character to run across. Especially if you don't have a good map of ETWK. Which leads me to Option 2.
    2) You can take the longer but safer route of Origin to a) Crescent Reach run to Bixie Warfront, Run to ETWK, to the DH. This route is more zoning but all of the runs are very short and there is nothing that will agroe you along the way so its no risk. Most people don't take this route but for a level 83 it may be a good idea.

See above.

Good luck. :) And enjoy.
  5. Rhodz Augur

Thanks guys that was what I was looking for and the descriptions just were not clicking, got it now due to yall taking the time.
    Have fun folks
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Rhodz likes this.
  7. Rhodz Augur

Yes and descriptions from DB are almost useless, thanks for keeping pages up :)
  8. Cuonzo Journeyman

Thanks folks for the info.

I too had been trying to find this info and couldn't find a good,practical summary on the websites.

I'll add a question : how much is the bonus on the daily ones from hamram?

My fiance only let's me play in short stretches and running a cleric and ranger across that zone to get his quests is no fun. Is it worth it?
  9. Cuonzo Journeyman

Also is there a good summary on TBM gear that's purchased via remnants? I'd had people and websites give conflicting info about how it works even where the vendors are located. It appears I do need faction to buy the augs
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/The_Broken_Mirror#Alternate_currency

The link above does not show what gear you can buy, but does list the merchants. You only need faction for one of them, the link above mentions which one.
  11. Darkark Augur

Where are you running from? The daily HA guy is just up from the ramp from the portals, which means the only HA's you'd have any significant run to get to would be the Ethernere and Argin-Hiz ones.
  12. Cuonzo Journeyman

Running from guild hall to the quest guy I had bad results at first trying ...now it's easy that I know a safe route, so no problems. I'm starting to love mr. Gribble after 5th time doing his 1st 2 I'm getting good enough to LOVE the payoff/time ratio

Tonight I noticed my cleric got double aa reward that my necro did. Was this multiplied by lesson? Or was it because cleric only has like 200 'earned aa ' compared to 5kish for necro?
  13. Zamiam Augur

the more aa's you have the less exp one receives for a mission/task .. or in better terms you get a exp bonus depending on the amount of aa's you have.. one with very few aa's up to 4k you get a bonus if your over the 4k aa bonus you do not get the bonus anymore so that is why your necro doesnt get as many aa's per task compared to your cleric..
  14. Zamiam Augur

heroic toons seem like a blessing in disguise when in actuality they are not .. heroic toons put the player over the 4k cap for aa's and the 4k+ aa's they give you about 2k of those roughly are wasted aa's .. so now your heroic and you have over 4k aa's it takes you twice the work to get the ones you could of used i dont know if you have heroic or not but figured id put that out there sense we were discussing aa bonus cap .. jmho
  15. Darkark Augur

It would have been Lesson running, if we were running that on one toon and not the other. I'm not aware of any bonus for low AA counts, but if it's as Zamiam says, then I learned something new today.

As for running to the quest guy / Gribble. I bind myself in PoK, then for CotF stuff I just have to hit the Crescent Reach stone, and then Bixie Warfront is just past the zone line and to your left. The portal is just down the ramp which puts you next to the quest guy and all other portals for CotF. It's basically no running, just zone lines.
  16. Zamiam Augur

I just saw this ^ look at above bold/underlined .. are your toons heroic and do both have over 4k aa's if so then its due to your lesson going .. but if your cleric has 200 aa's total then its due to the aa count.. but lets say your cleric is heroic and has 4k+ aa from heroic or autogrant and 200 earned from what you've actually made with cleric .. it still puts cleric over the 4k bonus .. so it would be due to lesson running on cleric and not necro.. thats jmho..

here is a link with some info on the aa bonus xp rates and stuff .. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/aa-acceleration-how-does-it-work.2866/
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

There is a bonus XP for low AA count. I believe Zam is right about the 4k cut off, but it's been so long that I'm not 100% sure. If it's not 4k it's right around there, so yes getting a heroic toon will negate any bonus XP from AA's. That was there original plan to help with the massive AA hill before auto grant became a thing. As far as I know the XP curve for AA's is still in effect for those under the 4k cap, it is a curve so the further away from 4k you are the bigger the XP bonus and as you get closer to 4k the lower the bonus becomes.
  18. Cuonzo Journeyman

Thanks. I'm guessing it was lesson. Didn't know that worked on hail xp. Figured it was like a task reward.
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Darkark likes this.
  20. Quatr Augur

Originally HA XP worked differently. You didn't get much XP for the final hail, but each mob was worth a lot of XP. Some people exploited it by killing every mob in the instance, dropping the HA, getting it again, killing the mobs, and so on.

In response, developers changed the way HAs worked. Post-change, killing individual mobs is worth very little XP, but the final hail is huge. Shortly thereafter they changed Lesson to work with HA hails.