Heroic Adventure questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by OlavSkullcrusher, May 24, 2017.

1. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Hello everyone. I've been at it again after an 11 year hiatus for a few months, but I have yet to figure out the Heroic Adventures. My understanding is that they reward Marks of Valor (alt currency) which can be used at vendors in Ethernere Tainted WK, and that these vendors and the HA's scale from lvl 75 up.

Questions:

How is the difficulty assigned? Based on the highest lvl in the group?

Why do the NPCs I'm sent to help (when getting the HA from a daily), not always respond to my group?

I play a warrior/wizard boxed combo with mercs (currently lvl 86 - not heroicized) and when she can, a friend with a lvl 93 mage/druid combo.

Any advice on how to make use of these HAs and get some useful alt currency going would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Yes. Highest in group determines difficulty.

Not all of them see invis. So click off your invisibility to talk to them.
  3. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I was pretty sure I checked if invis was on when he didn't respond. (It was a Neriak 4th Gate HA)

Perhaps there was some prerequisite I was missing?

My purpose here is to try and build up some alt currency for gear upgrades for some slots that are woefully out of date. I thought that the HAs might be a good way to go because of the different ETWK vendors for different level ranges, but I'm having a hard time getting the HA tasks.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

The HA's in CoTF (at least some of them) do have requirements. For example:

https://cotf.eqresource.com/thesealedgate.php
    Requires the prior HA have been completed first.
    Once you get the chains completed initially though you should be able to pick up anyone you want later.

I did them so long ago for progression I forgot they had requirements.
  5. Gialana Augur

Ahh, if it's in Neriak, at least 1 and possibly both of the npc's speak to you in Tier' Dal (or however the dark elf language is spelled). If you do not have high enough language, then the keyword they tell you will come out garbled. If you click the highlighted text, it repeats this garbled text to the npc, and they don't know what you're saying. If that's the case, you can look up what the request keyword is and just type that using common tongue. She'll still give you the quest.
  6. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I just completed "Life After Death" from Brother Estle in ETWK. That was fun and good xp, and I got 94 Marks of Valor. The daily bonus HA was to complete "The Other Brother", though. I had gotten that task and got ported to Brother Estle, who gave me Life After Death. But now, he won't give me The Other Brother, which should be next. Maybe it's a lockout thing at this point, since I just completed an HA for him? The key word is 'help', (language isn't a problem), but no variation on asking the question worked for me.
  7. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Ah, I needed to wait for the task to finish ending or something. I was able to get the next one in the line (not the Other Brother). There we go!