Heroes Journey - Oceangreen Hills - Cure the Crud - 16 hours and Counting...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nocturnus, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Nocturnus Elder

There is a quest in Oceangreen Hills called "Cure the Crud" offered by Kerrin the Unkempt that asks you to forage 4 Maggots.

I have my Vah Shir's Foraging Skill maxed at 50, and...
    ... have been sitting in the zone for 16 hours...
    ... only to receive 1 maggot.

This really needs to be looked at. It's a time sink along the lines of the old days, and it's on the heroes journey for crying out loud. Up the forage rate. Have it lootable. Something!
  2. CaptAmazing Augur

Temple of Berto supposedly has a better forage rate.
  3. Derd Augur

when my son recently wanted to do these i just asked in guild and a ranger came out and had them in less than 20 min's. but yes he went into temple to do the foraging.
  4. Nocturnus Elder

This would be a good idea to add to the quest text then, right? :)
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

I think it's more of an intuition thing, really. Of the zones in that theme, which one is most likely to have maggots squirming around - probably the one with mobs that look like flies?
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

there pretty rare. i had 2 rangers one maxed other with 200 foraging plus some natures bounty. Other is maxed 252/250 with forging machette. and they were pretty rare sucks when you gotta get 4 of them.

Andarriel
  8. Siddar Augur

Weren't these items tradeable? Check the Baz,

50 foraging just isn't enough for this items rarity unless you get lucky. But a druid ranger with much higher forage skill and double forage AA will be able to forage a couple up in a hour tops.