Heroes forge armor

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by DirtyGurtie, Apr 3, 2013.

1. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

Wasn't sure where to post this, but are there any plans to "clean up" the look of the heroes forge armor? particularly the chain armor on dwarves? My dwarven berserker looks like it plays for green bay lol-the shoulders and top of the chest are too high, and it makes it look like she's "drowning" in her armor. It's too big, and blocky I guess is the word im looking for. I just cant see spending the money to unlock it for one character, nevermind all of them individually in it's current state.
  2. Sinestra Augur

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...the-game-the-team-today-and-coming-soon.4182/

Elricvonclief and DirtyGurtie like this.
  3. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

Thanks Sinestra:)
  4. Sinestra Augur

Wizadress Senlainae likes this.
  5. Wizadress Senlainae Elder

Yes, the chest armor (not robes) on my female HIE .. just .. horrid. Why I love the robes soooo much better.
  6. Cakvala Augur

The shrink down looks much better.
  7. Riou EQResource

If you have beta access you can see a few of the sets that are "done" so far, I don't think they all are yet though.

In one of the webcasts Thom said the ultimate goal was to get them skin tight like current armor is on the models
  8. Phrett Augur

It's kinda fun going through my illusions to see which ones look normal with hero's forge and which are way out of proportion... boots are so oversized on some races it's comical. Hard to believe some made it to live servers that way to begin with... I'll be glad when the updates are implemented.
    Ming likes this.
  9. KC13 Augur

Shrink it, color it, no matter what you do, it's downright ugly. Makes me laugh out loud when I see a toon in it.
  10. Sinestra Augur

Some of us like the armor, even some of the unchanged stuff. You're welcome to your opinion though.
  11. Sinhika Lorekeeper

I like the Hero's Forge leather armor on my wood elf druid. Suits her way better than the two-piece thong look--it looks like she's wearing armor actually intended to keep sharp objects out of her guts. And anything has to look better than the Luclin-model half-elf female leather armor. That isn''t armor, that is fetish gear!
    However, I am waiting for the "slimming down" before even considering it for most of my characters--except for cloth robes, most of the armor looks terribly bulky and gives characters a "tiny head" look when worn with helm display off.
  12. Sinestra Augur

With human females the Luclin chest piece is more bulky than the Heroes Forge item. With my SK I use the chest, boots (they aren't that large on human females), wrists, and gloves. As long as I don't use the arms and legs it isn't really much more bulky at all.
  13. Uxtalzon Augur

Sinestra is so cute. :3

Hero's Forge stuff is very... concealing. I'm hoping they come out with some skimpy stuff for the cute players out there. Loose chainmail tanktops for the barbarians, short skirts for the wood elves, Halflings wearing boots that still expose their feethairs.... Ohhhh yeah, that's the stuff. Now if male toons wore those, OH YEAH! As it is right now, huge and bulky, and some armor sets cover up the entire player body.
  14. Sinestra Augur

Hehe thanks.

Yeah some of the race and armor type combos look really bad right now. Either you look like someone put you in a big burlap sack and tied string around every joint or you are wearing old pieces of car you welded together from the local junk yard.

Of course the thinner look is better, but you still look like you are wrapped in colored foil.
  15. Ometiklon New Member

Any update on this? When is this going to be released? Would like to see the new look on Ogre, Iksar and Troll.
  16. demoria7 Elder

Saw the cut down versions from the links posted. That is much better. I hated that way my toon looked in the armor and went back to the old look on most of em.... hope they update it soon. Especially on the cats, it looks sooooo bulky, had to keep elf illusion on all the time. Guess it was designed with the elf in mind, they look fine in it.
  17. NaVi7512 Elder

Some update about hows going would be nice for sure ...
  18. A-Quad Augur

chain is the worst of them all. the BP collar area needs to be tightened up closer around the toons neck - like plate, which is pretty seamless. reduction in overall bulk, please. especially in the pro-bowl shoulder pads, which need to be lowered too. and finally - please consider making all armor types usable by all classes/races. there really is no good reason not to.
  19. Recnarp Augur

They said the May patch it would be released... must've been pushed back.
  20. Tegila Augur

i jstu want some options for plate/chain. i thougth id heard that they were gonna open up robes more but they havent. as it stands now silk and leather wearers have 3 options PER set. plate and chain..only 1 and ours are the msot overbulked, plate looks slimecovered too for most sets. ugly.

but you can make decent looks if yo uonly use 1-2 items and mix n match. have a few itneresting outfits for my druid. took a while to find soemthign i liked for ranger though but i got somethign, sk..so much mroe difficult. ive used only plain bp and hands since it launched, and i swap hats around. the boots are astronomical and i wont wear them on any of my toons.

i do hope that when they DO slim them down and in some cases alter the color..taht it wont make combinations we've alreayd decided we like..look like crap